Fun Scottsdale events March 23-26, 2023 means it’s your last week to catch a Spring Training Baseball game in our fabulous weather! It’s also your last weekend to catch a FREE! Sunday Sun and Sounds afternoon at the newly revamped Civic Center.
The list of fun things to do in Scottsdale this weekend is long. Scroll for FREE! events and activities.
It’s full on spring fever in Scottsdale! Temps set at 70 are perfect to enjoy spring in the Sonoran Desert — city, trails or both! It’s a great time to go outside and play, and catch a movie or other event. The desert is green — and not just on our famous golf courses. And citrus blossoms are blooming – ahh!
It’s a show-stopping wildflower season in the Sonoran Desert. So it’s the perfect time to hit the trails — and they’re all FREE! And, you don’t have to fall off a mountain to see them. Look for accessible and nature trails in my tables. See Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities below.
With lots of outdoor and indoor events — and activities for every age and budget, let’s get out there. Soak up the sun and have fun!
- Scottsdale Civic Center Spring 2023
- Spring Training Scottsdale 2023
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Scottsdale Tours
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Art Walks and Festivals
- Scottsdale ArtWalk FREE!
- Scottsdale Family ArtsFest at SkySong FREE!
- Celebration of Fine Art
- Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
- Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- Arizona Musicfest
- Talking Stick Events
- Scottsdale Drag Shows
- Upcoming Scottsdale Events March / April 2023:
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
Scottsdale Civic Center Spring 2023
Outdoor Sun and Sound Concert Series
Celebrate the debut of the new Civic Center outdoor spaces with a FREE! Concert Series! The former Civic Center lawn has been revamped into water-saving outdoor spaces. Lots of rock piles and concrete. It’s still people and dog-friendly, making it an enduring gathering place to enjoy Downtown and Old Town Scottsdale!
Spring Training Scottsdale 2023
- THU MAR 16 – TUE MAR 28: Salt River Fields tickets for D-Backs and Rockies games
- THU MAR 16 – SAT MAR 25: Scottsdale Stadium San Francisco Giants Spring Training tickets
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
THU MAR 23 | FRI MAR 24 | SAT MAR 25 | SUN MAR 26:
Here are my pics this week:
It’s NOT Inside, the new R-rated drama starring Willem Dafoe — in a creepy new twist on the art heist theme. If you really need a Willem Dafoe fix, here you go. I was excited at first, and I love a good art heist flick. But it looks cringeworthy and terrible. At least watch the trailer for a good laugh!
Ratings: 6.4/10 IMDb | 61% Rotten Tomatoes | 53% Metacritic
Champions is a PG13 dramedy starring Woody Harrelson in a feel-good movie about a basketball coach court-ordered to manage a team of players with intellectual disabilities.
Ratings: | 56% Rotten Tomatoes | 50% Metacritic | Google Users 90%
The Quiet Girl is a PG13 Irish indie female coming of age story. It’s about an unloved 9-year old girl from a poor rural family who is put in foster care with a family who has lost a child. Starring Catherine Clinch, Carrie Crowley, et al.
Ratings: 7.7/10 IMDb | 96% Rotten Tomatoes | 88% Metacritic
Moonlight Cinema® is on the rooftop of Fashion Square. See classic movies under the stars with reclining beach chairs, wireless hi-fi headsets, and treats! Bring a jacket or sweater and BYO Blanket — or buy one there.
Featured Moonlight Cinema® Classics This Week
FRI MAR 24, 7:30 PM – Early Show
The Mummy, the 1999 film starring 2023 Best Actor Brendan Fraser at his swashbuckling best and Rachel Weisz. PG 13, sci-fi action-adventure.
Ratings: 7.1/10 IMDb | 60 % Rotten Tomatoes | 89% Google Users
FRI MAR 24, 10:20 PM – Late Show
Star Wars: The Force Awakens the 2015 7th movie in the series stars Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver and Mark Hamill. PG13.
Ratings: 7.8 /10 IMDb | 93% Rotten Tomatoes | 80% Metacritic
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Spring is the ideal time to enjoy the desert sunshine in our beautiful desert! Hiking in Scottsdale is huge. If you don’t hike, there are so many parks and flat trails in the city. See my post and table links below — you won’t believe how much there is to see and do while the weather’s perfect!
Free fun things to do in Scottsdale, include hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt! Or take a FREE! ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays. Take the dogs out to rough-house at the dog parks and make new friends! Did you know Scottsdale is the number 1 pet-friendly city?
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is Free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
Here are posts and tables to ease your search for fun and FREE or low-cost things to do in Scottsdale:
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Be Smart and Safe in the Desert
The desert is a land of extremes. Be smart. Bring plenty of water and snacks. Wear sunscreen, your hat and the right shoes. Check the weather and bring other appropriate gear.
Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot. Or, too cold in winter.
If hiking, stay on the trail and watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls need to spoil your fun. Don’t pester or feed wildlife. Pick up your dog’s poop.
Give yourself plenty of time to make it off the trail safely and see a stunning sunset!
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Spring is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE!
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
Art Walks and Festivals
Scottsdale ArtWalk FREE!
THU MAR 23, 6:30 – 9 PM | FREE! Scottsdale ArtWalk in Old Town.
Scottsdale Family ArtsFest at SkySong FREE!
Celebration of Fine Art
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- THU MAR 23, 7:30 PM: Zakir Hussain & Masters of Percussion | Tickets
- SAT MAR 25, 8 PM: Dance Heginbotham | Tickets
- SAT MAR 25, 9:30 PM: Dance Heginbotham Post Show Reception | Tickets
- SUN MAR 26, 3 PM: Chopin Piano Arts – Masters & Pupils | Tickets
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- FRI MAR 24, 7:00 – 9:30 PM: JAZZBIRD NIGHTS: DOMINIC AMATO & FRIENDS ALL STAR JAM — $10
- SAT MAR 25, 7:00 PM: DOMINIC AMATO & FRIENDS | Tickets
- SUN MAR 26, 6 – 8 PM: JAZZ FOR THE SOUL: WEST BY NORTHWEST FEATURING TOM WAKELING | FREE!
Talking Stick Events
- FRI / SAT, 6 – 6:45 PM — FREE! — Yellow Bird Productions – Native American music, dance, stories and dialog in the Fire Garden | MAP
Scottsdale Drag Shows
Upcoming Scottsdale Events March / April 2023:
Plan ahead so no more FOMO. Book your Special Scottsdale Resort. Get your tickets. Don’t miss any of these peak Scottsdale experiences:
26th Annual Arizona Bike Week
Scottsdale Easter 2023 Events and Activities
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- FRI APR 7, 8 PM: Fran Lebowitz / Comedy | Tickets
- SAT APR 8, 7 PM: Sippin’ Series: Cristilino Tequila | Tickets
- FRI MAR 31, 7:30 PM: Tito Puente, Jr. | Tickets | Highlands Church Map
- SAT APR 29, 7:30 PM: Takin’ it to the Streets – Doobie Brothers Tribute Band | Tickets | Highlands Church Map
Talking Stick Events
- FRI APR 7 / SAT APR 8, 7:30 PM: HOUSE OF FLOYD Pink Floyd Cover Band | FRI Tickets | SAT Tickets | MAP
- FRI APR 21 / SAT APR 22, 7:30 PM: Private Eyes Hall and Oates Tribute Band | FRI Tickets | SAT Tickets
- FRI APR 28 / SAT APR 29, 7:30 PM: Damage Inc Metallica Tribute Band | FRI Tickets | SAT Tickets
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT MAR 25:
Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
There are many choices for worship, faith traditions, and community at Scottsdale Churches and Temples. And, if you seek fellowship or are struggling, Scottsdale has a strong 12-Step recovery community. Many recovery meetings are held in churches and temples.
Daylight’s burning — let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of fun Scottsdale events and fun things to do, March 23-26, 2023! Play safe.
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!