Fun Scottsdale events March 2-5, 2023 means Spring Training Baseball is in full swing! And, a brand new FREE! event — Sunday Sun and Sounds debuts at the Civic Center, as Scottsdale’s Super Season Arizona 2023 continues.
The list of fun things to do in Scottsdale this weekend is long. Scroll for FREE! events and activities.
Temps in the 50s – 70s are perfect to enjoy spring in the Sonoran Desert — city, trails or both! It’s a great time to go outside and play, and catch a movie or other event. The desert is green — and not just on our famous golf courses.
It’s a show-stopping wildflower season in the Sonoran Desert. So it’s the perfect time to hit the trails — and they’re all FREE! See Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities below.
With lots of outdoor and indoor events — and activities for every age and budget, let’s get out there. Soak up the sun and have fun!
- Scottsdale Civic Center Spring 2023
- Spring Training Scottsdale 2023
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Scottsdale Tours
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Art Walks and Festivals
- Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
- Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- Arizona Musicfest
- Talking Stick Events
- Casino Arizona
- Scottsdale Drag Shows
- Upcoming Scottsdale Events March 2023:
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
Scottsdale Civic Center Spring 2023
Outdoor Sun and Sound Concert Series
Celebrate the debut of the new Civic Center outdoor spaces with a FREE! Concert Series! The former Civic Center lawn has been transformed into water-saving outdoor spaces. It’s still people and dog-friendly, making it an enduring gathering place to enjoy Downtown and Old Town Scottsdale!
Sundays in March: Sunday March 5 – Sunday March 25, 12 – 4 PM: Concert Lineup
SUN MAR 5: 12 – 4 PM: Remi Goode and Gabe Lehrer | Hothouse Orchids | MAP
Spring Training Scottsdale 2023
- THU MAR 2 – TUE MAR 28: Salt River Fields tickets for D-Backs and Rockies games
- THU MAR 2 – SAT MAR 25: Scottsdale Stadium San Francisco Giants Spring Training tickets
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
THU MAR 2 | FRI MAR 3 | SAT MAR FEB 4 | SUN MAR 5:
Here are my pics this week:
Of An Age, an indie romantic drama (R) that’s set in the summer of 1999. A young Australian amateur ballroom dancer and a friend’s older brother have an unforgettable 24-hour summer fling. Starring Elias Anton, Hattie Hook, and Thom Green.
Ratings: 7.6 /10 IMDb | 87% Rotten Tomatoes
Jesus Revolution is a PG13 drama about the Jesus Movement in the early 70s. A community of teenage hippies meets a traditional church that’s failing. The true story is based on the book by Greg Laurie. It stars Kelsey Grammer, Jonathan Roumie, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Jim Gaffigan, et al.
Ratings: 7.7/10 IMDb | 56% Rotten Tomatoes | 4.8/5 Vudu | Google Users 95% liked
Moonlight Cinema® is on the rooftop of Fashion Square. See classic movies under the stars with reclining beach chairs, wireless hi-fi headsets, and treats! Dress warm and BYO Blanket — or buy one there.
Featured Moonlight Cinema® Classics This Week
FRI MAR 3, 7:00 PM – Early Show
The Sandlot, is the 1993 PG coming of age comedy, perfect for Spring Training baseball! Starring Karen Allen, Denis Leary, Marley Shelton, James Earl Jones, and a big scary dog!
Ratings: 7.8/10 IMDb | 64 % Rotten Tomatoes | 4.8/5 Vudu
FRI MAR 3, 9:30 PM – Late Show
Alien, the 1979 R-rated Ridley Scott-directed Sci-Fi horror flick starring John Hurt, Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt, Harry Dean Stanton, Veronica Cartwright, and Ian Holm. Is anyone else getting a flashback of screaming in the theater?
Ratings: 8.5 /10 IMDb | 98% Rotten Tomatoes
Here are other films playing this week and everything you need to know about Harkins! See you at the movies!
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Spring is the ideal time to enjoy the desert sunshine in our beautiful desert! Hiking in Scottsdale is huge. If you don’t hike, there are so many parks and flat trails in the city. See my post and table links below — you won’t believe how much there is to see and do while the weather’s perfect!
Free fun things to do in Scottsdale, include hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt! Or take a FREE! ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays. Take the dogs out to rough-house at the dog parks and make new friends! Did you know Scottsdale is the number 1 pet-friendly city?
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is Free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
Here are posts and tables to ease your search for fun and FREE or low-cost things to do in Scottsdale:
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Be Smart and Safe in the Desert
Even though it’s cooler right now, it’s still the desert. Be smart. Bring plenty of water and snacks. Wear sunscreen, your hat and the right shoes. Check the weather and bring other appropriate gear.
Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot. Or this time of year, too cold.
If hiking, stay on the trail and watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls need to spoil your fun. Don’t pester or feed wildlife. Pick up your dog’s poop.
Give yourself plenty of time to make it off the trail safely and see a stunning sunset!
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Spring is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE!
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
Art Walks and Festivals
Scottsdale ArtWalk FREE!
THU MAR 2, 6:30 – 9 PM | FREE! Scottsdale ArtWalk in Old Town.
Celebration of Fine Art
THU MAR 2 – SUN MAR 26, 10 AM – 6 PM Daily | Celebration of Fine Art | Tickets — $10 — | MAP
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- THU MAR 2, 7:30 PM: Margaret Cho: Live and LIVID! | Tickets
- FRI MAR 3, 8 PM: Alfredo Rodriguez and Pedrito Martinez Duo | Blues/Jazz | Tickets
- SAT MAR 4, 5 PM: Icon Dance Awards | Tickets
- SUN MAR 5, 5 PM: DC Dance Presents Artemis | Tickets
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- FRI MAR 3, 7:00 – 9:30 PM: JAZZBIRD NIGHTS: BEN HEDQUIST QUARTET — $10
- SUN MAR 5, 3 – 4:30 PM: CHAMBER @ RAVENSCROFT: INTERSECTION | Tickets
SUN MAR 5, 7:30 PM: Feinstein and Thibaudet | Tickets
Talking Stick Events
- FRI / SAT, 6 – 6:45 PM — FREE! — Yellow Bird Productions – Native American music, dance, stories and dialog in the Fire Garden | MAP
FRI MAR 3 / SAT MAR 4, 7:30 PM: Bruno and the Hooligans: Ultimate Bruno Mars Tribute Band | FRI Tickets | SAT Tickets | MAP
Scottsdale Drag Shows
FRI MAR 3 | SAT MAR 4, 7 PM | Illusions the Drag Queen Show | Old Town | MAP
FRI MAR 3, 7 PM: Diva Royale Drag Queen Show | Wasted Grain Old Town | MAP
SAT MAR 5, 1:30 PM | Diva Royale Drag Queen Show | Wasted Grain Old Town | Tickets | MAP
Upcoming Scottsdale Events March 2023:
Hold on to your hats, as Scottsdale Super Season Arizona 2023 revs up the springtime fun! Fast cars, golf balls, horses, baseballs, bulls and more are gearing up for you.
Plan ahead so no more FOMO. Book your Special Scottsdale Resort. Get your tickets. Don’t miss any of these peak Scottsdale experiences:
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- SUN MAR 12: 2 PM: Glenn Miller Orchestra – Jazz | Tickets
- SAT MAR 18: 7 PM: Sippin’ Series: Luck of the Irish – Gourmet Eats | Tickets
- SUN MAR 19: 4 PM: Scottsdale Philharmonic – Classical | Tickets
- FRI APR 7, 8 PM: Fran Leibowitz | Tickets
- THU MAR 9, 7:30 PM: The Festival Orchestra – Firebird and Mahler | Tickets | Las Casa de Cristo Map
- SAT MAR 11, 11 AM: US Naval Academy Glee Club | Tickets | Las Casa de Cristo Map
Talking Stick Events
- FRI MAR 17 – 8 PM: Tanya Tucker | Tickets | MAP
- FRI APR 7 – FRI APR 22 – 8 PM: The Bachelor Live
FRI APR 7 MAR 3 / SAT APR 8, 7:30 PM: HOUSE OF FLOYD Pink Floyd Cover Band | FRI Tickets | SAT Tickets | MAP
Rodeo Scottdale Westworld 2023
THU MAR 9 – SUN MAR 12: Rodeo Scottsdale at Westworld | Tickets | MAP
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT MAR 4:
Old Town Farmers Market — 8 AM – 1 PM. Lots of great food, entertainment, artisanal fare, and people and dog watching! MAP
Farmers Market North Scottsdale — 9 AM – 1 PM @ Living Water Lutheran Church Troon North. Produce, food trucks, live music and artisans. MAP
Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
There are many choices for worship, faith traditions, and community at Scottsdale Churches and Temples. And, if you seek fellowship or are struggling, Scottsdale has a strong 12-Step recovery community. Many recovery meetings are held in churches and temples.
Daylight’s burning — let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of fun Scottsdale events and fun things to do, March 2-5, 2023! Play safe.
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!