Fun Scottsdale Events, October 27-30, 2022 — Start celebrating Halloween and Dia de los Muertos early! With temps in the low 80s, let’s feel Fall. Fun things to do in Scottsdale? Outdoor and indoor events — and activities for every age and budget.
Scroll for FREE fun things to do in Scottsdale, like hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt! Take a FREE ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays — don’t sweat it! Take the dogs out to rough-house at the dog parks and make new friends!
Get your costumes and head out to Halloween and Dia de los Muertos festivities!
- Scottsdale Halloween Events 2022
- Scottsdale Dia De Los Muertos 2022 Events
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Scottsdale Tours
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Upcoming Events in Scottsdale — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Scottsdale Halloween Events 2022
Railroad Park’s Halloween Spook-Track-Ula
Fun Halloween activities in Scottsdale are happening early at McCormick Stillman Railroad Park, with a great, cheap, and scary family train-ride event. Tickets are $10-$15 and kids under 2 get in FREE!
Happy Howl-O-Ween Wildlife Sanctuary
Scottsdale Quarter Boo and Brew
- SAT OCT 29, 2 PM -7 PM | Boo and Brew — FREE! Families and dogs welcome! | MAP
- Live DJ 2 PM – 5 PM
- Rock Lobster | Live Band 5 PM – 7 PM
Libraries’ Halloween Family Fun and Monster Mash
Halloween Family Fun is also happening at Scottsdale’s libraries! Checkout this FREE event for big kids, ages 12-18 — the Monster Mash! Watch a scary movie and scarf down monster munchies.
To get you in the mood and embarrass your kids and grandkids? Here’s the real Monster Mash from American Bandstand with Dick Clark, October 13, 1964!
Scottsdale’s 51st FREE Fall Festival!
Dress up the kids, dogs, and yourself in costumes, grab the candy bags (poo bags are at the park — I guess a clean one could be used for candy) and let’s go! There’ll be inflatables, game booths, food trucks, live entertainment, a costume contest and more!
Talking Stick and Salt River Fields
- SAT OCT 29, 11 AM – 3 PM | FREE! Family Fun Halloween Bash | AZ Boardwalk | MAP
- SAT OCT 29, 9 PM | Wicked Ball, Halloween Party | Talking Stick Resort | Tickets | MAP
- FRI/SAT OCT 28 – 29 | 5 PM – 9:30 PM | Halloween Spooktacular Hot Air Balloon Festival | Salt River Fields | Tickets | MAP
Scottsdale Dia De Los Muertos 2022 Events
- THUR OCT 27 – TUES, NOV 2, 10 AM – 10 PM | Art Installation Experience — FREE! | MAP
- SAT OCT 29, 6 PM – 11 PM | Noche de Muertos: Art, Music and Performances — FREE! | MAP
Frank Lloyd Wright Discovery Days — FREE
Fun things to do in Scottsdale includes a rare treat — FREE Halloween weekend family activities at Taliesin West’s Discovery Days! See art, architecture, and nature. And, there will be live music, dance performances, craft demos, food trucks and more. Wear your costumes!
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
FRI OCT 28 | SAT OCT 29 | SUN OCT 30:
My Policeman, a romantic drama of forbidden love starring Harry Styles, Gina McKee, Linus Roache and Rupert Everett.
Triangle of Sadness, a Swedish satire starring Woody Harrelson as a crazy yacht captain, with Harris Dickinson and Charlbi Dean. Filmed in Greece, partly on the yacht Christina O, as in Onassis. Lots of barfing.
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
THU OCT 27, 7 PM – 9 PM: FREE Scottsdale Art Walk in Old Town.
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- FRI OCT 28, 8 PM — Flamenco Intimo, Dance | Tickets
- SAT OCT 29, 8 PM — Flamenco Intimo, Dance | Tickets
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
Scottsdale Drag Shows
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT OCT 29
SUN OCT 30
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Fall is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
NOTE: Even though it’s cooler, it’s still the desert. Be smart. Bring plenty of water, wear sunscreen and your hat. Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot. Watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls to spoil your fun.
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Upcoming Events in Scottsdale — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Check out these upcoming events and get your tickets. So you don’t miss any of these fun things to do in Scottsdale:
- FRI NOV 25, 7 PM and 10 PM | Ron White, Comedian | Tickets | MAP
- FRI DEC 22, 8 PM | ZZ Top | Tickets | MAP
Scottsdale Public Library FREE Concert!
- SAT NOV 5, 5 PM – 7:30 PM | — FREE! — Concert for Scottsdale Public Library Cardholders! | Scottsdale Stadium | MAP
- Scottsdale Public Library Cardholder Celebration Event
- Bring your library card or sign up for one online!
Daylight’s burning—let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of our fun Scottsdale events October 27-30, 2022!
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!