Fun Scottsdale Events, October 6-10, 2022 — Indigenous Peoples’ Day weekend is here! And fall is finally back, with temps flirting it up in the 80s. Fun things to do in Scottsdale means outdoor and indoor events and activities for every age and budget.
Scroll for FREE fun things to do in Scottsdale, like hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt early! Take a FREE ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays — don’t sweat it! Take the dogs out early to rough-house at the dog parks!
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day in Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Scottsdale Tours
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
Indigenous Peoples’ Day in Scottsdale
Old Town Scottsdale’s roots run deep in Native American heritage. Celebrate their arts and history at the renowned Gilbert Ortega Galleries. And, the weather is perfect for a Thursday evening Scottsdale Art Walk in Old Town!
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
FRI OCT 7 | SAT OCT 8:
Fall into fall with these cool pics:
Don’t Worry Darling, an atmospheric, stylized Drama/Thriller starring Kiki Layne, Harry Styles, Florence Pugh, Chris Pine, Gemma Chan. And, Olivia Wilde as Director too!
The Good House a Comedy/Drama featuring Sigourney Weaver and Kevin Kline, set in New England.
The Woman King with Viola Davis, Drama/History.
Here are other film choices playing this week and everything you need to know about Harkins!
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
THU OCT 6, 7 PM – 9 PM: FREE Scottsdale Art Walk in Old Town.
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- FRI OCT 7: 8 PM — Flamenco Intimo, Dance | Tickets
- SAT OCT 8: 8 PM — Flamenco Intimo, Dance | Tickets
- SUN OCT 9, 4 PM — Scottsdale Philharmonic, Classical | Tickets
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
SAT OCT 8 10:30 AM – 3:30 PM — $10 — BOB RAVENSCROFT INTERNATIONAL JAZZ PIANO COMPETITION – FINALS
Scottsdale Drag Shows
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT OCT 8
SUN OCT 9
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Fall is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
How about cheaper golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Frisbee golf is free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
NOTE: It’s the time of year to think about getting outside earlier. Bring plenty of water, wear sunscreen and your hat. Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too hot. Watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls to spoil your fun.
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Daylight’s burning—let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of our fun Scottsdale events October 6-10, 2022!
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!