Fun Scottsdale events, November 11-13, 2022 means remembering Veteran’s Day. This pic’s the Korean War Memorial at Wesley Bolin Plaza by Arizona’s State Capitol. It commemorates Arizona veterans who lost their lives in the Korean War. It’s worth a trip to downtown Phoenix to see this beautiful park, full of moving monuments to the fallen.
Let’s be grateful we get to have fun things to do in Scottsdale this weekend! With temps in the mid-70s, there are lots of outdoor and indoor events — and activities for every age and budget.
- Scottsdale Events November 2022
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Scottsdale Tours
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Upcoming Events in Scottsdale — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Scottsdale Events November 2022
Canal Convergence 2022 – FREE!
Canal Convergence continues — a FREE Art + Light + Water outdoor event at the Waterfront in Scottsdale, on the Arizona Canal. Where Downtown meets Old Town at Soleri Plaza. At dusk nightly, the art of technology comes to light. It’s fun for the whole family, or take a friend or 2, furry too — but don’t miss it! From November 10-13:
- THU NOV 10, 6:30 – 9 PM — Art lovers — get a double dose by combining Canal Convergence with the Thursday Gold Palette ArtWalk Scottsdale. And, a special Marshall Gallery Meet and Greet with artists Chad Holliday, Don Quade & Nocona Burgess — FREE!
- FRI NOV 11, 6 – 10 PM
- SAT NOV 12, 6 – 10 PM
- SUN NOV 13, 6 – 9 PM (Closing Night)
Pet-A-Palooza Scottsdale 2022
Day of the Dog in Old Town — FREE! and pet-friendly. It’s a fundraiser for the Just Love Animals Society.
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
FRI NOV 11 | SAT NOV 12 | SUN NOV 13:
Moonlight Cinema® is back! On the rooftop of Fashion Square, see classic movies under the stars with reclining beach chairs, wireless hi-fi headsets, and treats! Dress warm and BYO Blanket — or buy one there.
FRI NOV 11, 6:30 PM
Friday night’s early show is The Empire Strikes Back, starring Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Frank Oz and Billy Dee Williams.
FRI NOV 11, 9:20 PM
The Friday Night late show is Saving Private Ryan in honor of Veteran’s Day. It stars Paul Giamatti, Giovanni Ribisi, Vin Diesel, Tom Sizemore, Tom Hanks, and Matt Damon.
Here are my in-theatre pics this week:
Gabby Giffords Won’t Back Down is the courageous story of how our hometown Tucson gal, survived an assassination attempt. She is the 3rd woman in AZ history to serve in the US House of Representatives. Documentary.
Aftersun is an indy film about a daughter’s recollection of her father and adolescent daughter’s vacation and their struggles. Looks good! Bring tissues or grab some napkins in the lobby. Drama starring Paul Mescal and Francesca Corio.
Calling all science geeks and their dates for Good Night Oppy! Narrated by Angela Bassett, it’s a mushy Mars rover documentary about the robot Opportunity, aka Oppy’s 14-year space mission.
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
THU NOV 10, 6:30 – 9 PM — Art lovers — get a double dose by combining Canal Convergence with the Thursday Gold Palette ArtWalk Scottsdale. And, a special Marshall Gallery Meet and Greet with artists Chad Holliday, Don Quade & Nocona Burgess — FREE!
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
Scottsdale Drag Shows
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT NOV 12
Farmers Market North Scottsdale — 9 AM – 1 PM @ Living Water Lutheran Church Troon North. Produce, food trucks, live music and artisans. NOTE: Bring donations for their holiday food and coat drive! | MAP
SUN NOV 13
Farmers Market North Scottsdale — Check link for variable Sunday times @ Blessed Sacrament Roman Catholic Parish. Produce, food trucks, live music and artisans. NOTE: Bring donations for their holiday food and coat drive! MAP
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Fall is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
NOTE: Even though it’s cooler, it’s still the desert. Be smart. Bring plenty of water, wear sunscreen, your hat and the right shoes. Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot. Watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls need to spoil your fun.
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Upcoming Events in Scottsdale — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Check out these upcoming events and get your tickets. So you don’t miss any of these fun things to do in Scottsdale:
- FRI NOV 25, 7 PM and 10 PM | Ron White, Comedian | Tickets | MAP
- FRI DEC 9, 8 PM | The Mavericks, Very Merry Christmas Tour, featuring JD McPherson
- FRI DEC 22, 8 PM | ZZ Top | Tickets | MAP
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
Daylight’s burning — let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of our fun Scottsdale events November 10-13, 2022!
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!