Fun Scottsdale events June 2-5 now that the heat is on? It's still cool in the mornings, so let's get out early. Play, get some exercise, and get stuff done! Jump to Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities below for early morning fun things to do in Scottsdale. And, there are many other cool fun Scottsdale activities as the weekend days heat up.
- Scottsdale Indoor Activities
- Scottsdale Public, Party Pools and Splash Pads
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Scottsdale Farmers Market
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Scottsdale Fun Things Horizon — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Scottsdale Indoor Activities
My favorite Scottsdale indoor activities when it's hot outside include the Libraries — FREE and the amazing low-cost Western Museum. How about indoor mall walking and window-shopping — also FREE! I like the contrast of hot and cold at our outdoor malls. And, our Entertainment District has many cool escapes and hot adventures for all ages!
Scottsdale Public, Party Pools and Splash Pads
Do you know about Scottsdale's public pools and fitness centers? Our very own Aquatic and Fitness Centers boast inflation-busting low-fee fun. Yep, there's even a water park and lifeguards. And, you can work out in cool comfort at the fitness centers.
How about a Scottsdale pool party? Spend the day or weekend at one of Scottsdale's resorts — posh on the cheap. Here's my resorts post, complete with a table of pools and amenities. Find the perfect quiet pool and spa oasis for adults, raucous pool parties for grown-up fun — or, a lazy river and rowdy water slide to wear the kiddos out.
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
THU JUNE 2 – SUN JUNE 5:
Hot desert nights and Camelview movies are a long Scottsdale tradition. Here are my picks this week:
Tom Cruise is back in Top Gun Maverick! It's our hot summer blockbuster and I hear it's a hot ticket for a cool indoor adventure.
Downton Abbey: A New Era is also playing, for a more refined and relaxing movie.
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
THU JUNE 2, 7 PM – 9 PM: FREE Scottsdale Art Walk in Old Town.
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle's Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- FRI JUNE 2, 6 PM — FREE — JAZZ BIRD NIGHTS: Chris Finet Quartet | MAP
- SAT JUNE 4, 4 PM — WE 3 PAYS TRIBUTE TO 3 JAZZ GREATS | Tickets | Benefit for ‘Kitchen on the Street' to feed kids.
Scottsdale Drag Shows
Scottsdale Farmers Market
SAT JUNE 4
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
How about cheaper golf and hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Frisbee golf is free too! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to seize our sunshine and shade!
NOTE: Get outside early. Bring plenty of water, wear sunscreen and your hat. Be mindful of you, your furry friends — plus tiny and older ones getting too hot. Watch where you're stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — so no bites, pokes, sprains or falls to spoil your fun. Tell someone who cares about you, where you're going and when you plan to be back — just in case.
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Scottsdale Fun Things Horizon — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Hold on to your hats, as Scottsdale turns up the summer heat! Check out these upcoming events and get your tickets. So you don't miss any of these fun things to do in Scottsdale:
- Australia's Thunder from Down Under, Girls' Night Outback @ Talking Stick, FRI JUNE 10, 8 PM | SAT JUNE 11, 5 and 8 PM | Tickets
- Mary Chapin Carpenter @ Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, WED JUNE 15, 8 PM | Tickets
Daylight's burning — let's go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of our fun Scottsdale events June 2-5, 2022! Let's play safe.
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I'm a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!