Fun Scottsdale Events January 5-8, 2023 means it’s a brand new year! Are you ready for some sunshine and getting moving? There are tons of fun things to do in Scottsdale this weekend. And, we’re gearing up for the mega events that put us on the map. Great things are ahead for homies and visitors to our beautiful city!
Sunny skies and temps are back in the 60s where they belong! And with lots of outdoor and indoor events — and activities for every age and budget, you won’t be bored. Scroll for FREE! events and activities.
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Scottsdale Tours
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
- Upcoming Events in Scottsdale — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
THU JAN 5 | FRI JAN 6 | SAT JAN 7 | SUN JAN 8:
Here are my pics this week:
Coursage, an 1877 indie period drama about the feminist awakening of Empress Elisabeth of Austria. If you can handle subtitles, it looks good! Starring Vicky Krieps.
A Man Called Otto stars Tom Hanks as a grumpy widower who gets adopted by a neighbor family. He’s transformed by the cat they foist upon him and a new purpose in life.
Moonlight Cinema® is on the rooftop of Fashion Square. See classic movies under the stars with reclining beach chairs, wireless hi-fi headsets, and treats! Dress warm and BYO Blanket — or buy one there.
Featured Classics this week
FRI JAN 6, 6:30 PM – Early Show
Bridesmaids, a 2011 romcom about — you guessed it, bridesmaids gone bad! Starring Rebel Wilson, Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Rose Byrne, Maya Rudolph, and Ellie Kemper.
FRI JAN 6, 9:30 PM – Late Show
The Dark Knight, a Batman movie starring Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, and Maggie Gyllenhaal. Drama/Action/Thriller.
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
THU JAN 5, 6:30 – 9 PM | FREE! Scottsdale ArtWalk in Old Town.
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
- FRI / SAT, 6 – 6:45 PM — FREE! — Yellow Bird Productions – Native American music, dance, stories and dialog in the Fire Garden | MAP
Scottsdale Drag Shows
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT JAN 7
SUN JAN 8
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Fall is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE!
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Free fun things to do in Scottsdale, include hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt! Or take a FREE! ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays. Take the dogs out to rough-house at the dog parks and make new friends! Did you know Scottsdale is the number 1 pet-friendly city?
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is Free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
Be Smart and Safe in the Desert
Even though it’s cooler, it’s still the desert. Be smart. Bring plenty of water and snacks. Wear sunscreen, your hat and the right shoes. Check the weather and bring other appropriate gear.
Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot. Or this time of year, too cold. And, it gets dark early right now. Give yourself plenty of time to make it off the trail safely.
Stay on the trail and watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls need to spoil your fun. Don’t pester or feed wildlife.
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
There are many choices for faith traditions and community at Scottsdale Churches and Temples. And, if you seek fellowship or are struggling, Scottsdale has a strong 12-Step recovery community. Many recovery meetings are held in churches and temples.
Upcoming Events in Scottsdale — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Check out these upcoming events and get your tickets. So you don’t miss any of these fun things to do in Scottsdale:
Hold on to your hats, as Scottsdale turns up the springtime fun! Fast cars, horses, baseballs and golf’s ‘Greatest Show on Grass,’ are gearing up for you. Check out our big upcoming events. Book your Resort. Get your tickets. You don’t miss any of these peak Scottsdale experiences:
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- THU JAN 12, 7:30 PM: The Temptations with Sandra Bassett | Tickets | MAP
- SUN JAN 22, 9 AM: Arizona Concours d’Elegance | Fine Collector Car Show | Tickets | Scottsdale Civic Center | MAP
Upcoming Scottsdale Events 2023:
- SAT JAN 21 – SAT JAN 29, 8 AM: Barrett Jackson Car Auction 2023 | Tickets | Westworld | MAP
- SAT JAN 28 – SUN FEB 5, Old Town Scottsdale Western Week – Old Town | FREE!
- MON FEB 6 – SUN FEB 12: Waste Management Open 2023 People’s Phoenix Open | Tickets
- MON – TUES FREE General Admission days, courtesy Ford Free Days!
- THU FEB 16- SUN FEB 26: Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show, at Westworld. Tickets | MAP
- Spring Training Scottsdale 2023:
- SAT FEB 25 – TUE MAR 28: Salt River Fields tickets for D-Backs and Rockies games
- SUN FEB 26 – SAT MAR 25: Scottsdale Stadium San Francisco Giants Spring Training tickets
Daylight’s burning — let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of fun Scottsdale events January 5 – January 8, 2023!
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!