Fun Scottsdale events February 9 – 12, 2023 means Scottsdale’s Super Season Arizona 2023 is in full swing. The Waste Management Open 2023 — ‘greatest show on grass’ golf tournament tees off. And, so does the first ESPN Old Town Scottsdale Tailgate 5-day party, leading up to Super Bowl LVII.
But wait, there’s more! SuperZona at Talking Stick Resort and Casino. 4 days of fun adult things to do in Scottsdale — leading up to and including viewing the Big Game.
While these big events top the list of fun things to do in Scottsdale this weekend, there are many other choices too.
With temps in the mid-70s, spring arrives early in the desert and it’s a great time to go outside and play. The desert is still green — and not just on our famous golf courses.
It’s going to be a stunning wildflower season in the Sonoran Desert. So it’s a great time to hit the trails — and they’re all FREE! See Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities below.
With lots of outdoor and indoor events — and activities for every age and budget, let’s get out there. Soak up the sun and have fun! Scroll for FREE! events and activities.
- Waste Management Phoenix People’s Open 2023
- Old Town Scottsdale ESPN Main Street Tailgate Party FREE!
- SuperZona at Talking Stick Resort and Casino
- Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Upcoming Scottsdale Events February 2023:
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Scottsdale Tours
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
Waste Management Phoenix People’s Open 2023
- THU FEB 9 – SUN FEB 12: Waste Management Open 2023 golf tournament | Tickets | MAP
Old Town Scottsdale ESPN Main Street Tailgate Party FREE!
- WEDS FEB 8 – SUN FEB 12, 8 AM – 8 PM: Old Town Tailgate Party | MAP — FREE!
- SUN FEB 12: Super Bowl Sunday 8 AM – Noon
SuperZona at Talking Stick Resort and Casino
THU FEB 9 – SUN FEB 12 – 5 Events including the Big Game:
- THU FEB 9, 7 PM: SuperZona Kick-Off — Steve Aoki + the Lost Kings DJ Duo | Tickets or Reserve a Cabana for 10 at The Pool at Talking Stick Resort™
- FRI FEB 10, 8 PM: Shaq’s Fun House — Part Music Festival, Part Carnival | Tickets
- SAT FEB 11, 12 – 6 PM: Gronk Beach | Big Game Weekend’s #1 Daytime Event Feat: 21 Savage, Diplo, Lil Jon, Beach Luau Experiences + More | Tickets
- SAT FEB 11, 9 PM: Sports Illustrated The Party | Tickets
- SUN FEB 12, 2PM: Big Game Viewing Party | Tickets
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
THU FEB 9 | FRI FEB 10 | SAT FEB 11 | SUN FEB 12:
Here are my pics this week:
80 For Brady, PG13, is a feel-good comedy starring Sally Field, Jane Fonda, Rita Moreno and Lily Tomlin. And, despite being a shameless commercial for all things NFL and other brands, is cuter and funnier than I expected. Grab some girlfriends and go!
Ratings: 5.9/10 IMDb | 64% Rotten Tomatoes | 54% Metacritic | 79% Google Users liked it
Maybe I Do, a PG-rated romcom starring a cast of favorites including Diane Keaton, Emma Roberts, Luke Bracey, Richard Gere, Susan Sarandon, and William H Macy. A meet-the-parents wedding flick with twists!
Ratings: 5.6/10 IMDb | 26% Rotten Tomatoes | 42% Metacritic | 75% Google Users liked it
One Fine Morning, a new R-rated indie film, French with subtitles, stars Léa Seydoux as a single mom, struggling with her dad’s illness, who hooks up with an old flame, who’s a married single dad, played by Melvil Poupaud.
Ratings: 7/10 IMDb | 91% Rotten Tomatoes | 85% Metacritic | 71% Google Users liked it
Moonlight Cinema® is on the rooftop of Fashion Square. See classic movies under the stars with reclining beach chairs, wireless hi-fi headsets, and treats! Dress warm and BYO Blanket — or buy one there.
Featured Classics This Week
FRI FEB 10, 6:45 PM – Early Show
10 Things I Hate About You the 1999 PG-13 teen romcom stars Julia Stiles, Heath Ledger, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Gabrielle Union, Allison Janney and others.
Ratings: 7.3/10 IMDb | 71% Rotten Tomatoes | 70 % Metacritic
FRI FEB 10, 9:15 PM – Late Show
Pulp Fiction, the R-rated 1994 cult classic, Quentin Tarantino-directed crime drama and comedy stars Uma Thurman, Samuel L. Jackson, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, and others.
Ratings: 8.9 /10 IMDb | 92% Rotten Tomatoes | 95% Just Watch | Google Users 92% liked
Here are other films playing this week and everything you need to know about Harkins! See you at the movies!
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
Art Walks and Festivals
Scottsdale ArtWalk FREE!
THU FEB 9, 6:30 – 9 PM | FREE! Scottsdale ArtWalk in Old Town. It’s a special Western Week Gold Palette Art Walk!
Celebration of Fine Art
THU FEB 9 – SUN MAR 26, 10 AM – 6 PM Daily | Celebration of Fine Art | Tickets — $10 — | MAP
Arizona Boardwalk at Talking Stick FREE!
SAT FEB 11, 10 AM – 2 PM: Family Fun Valentine’s Festival — FREE! | MAP
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- FRI FEB 10, 7:00 – 9:30 PM | JAZZBIRD NIGHTS: DAVID FRIESEN CIRCLE 3 TRIO — $10
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- THU FEB 9, 7:30 PM: The Dozen: Battle for Arizona II |Trivia Contest | Tickets | MAP
- FRI FEB 10, 3 – 5 PM: Art and Athletics — FREE! | Outdoors at the newly renovated Civic Center! MAP
- FRI / SAT, 6 – 6:45 PM — FREE! — Yellow Bird Productions – Native American music, dance, stories and dialog in the Fire Garden | MAP
FRI FEB 10 / SAT FEB 11, 7:30 PM: Sixtiesmania ‘The Sights, the Sounds, the Music’ of the 60s | FRI Tickets | SAT Tickets | MAP
SUN FEB 12, 3 PM: Super Bowl Big Game Viewing Party | MAP — FREE ADMISSION!
Scottsdale Drag Shows
FRI FEB 10 | SAT FEB 11, 7 PM | Illusions the Drag Queen Show | Old Town | MAP
FRI FEB 10, 7 PM: Diva Royale Drag Queen Show | Wasted Grain Old Town | MAP
SAT FEB 12, 1:30 PM | Diva Royale Drag Queen Show | Wasted Grain Old Town | Tickets | MAP
Upcoming Scottsdale Events February 2023:
Hold on to your hats, as Scottsdale Super Season Arizona 2023 revs up the springtime fun! Fast cars, golf balls, horses, baseballs and more are gearing up for you.
Plan ahead so no more FOMO. Book your Special Scottsdale Resort. Get your tickets. Don’t miss any of these peak Scottsdale experiences:
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- THU FEB 16, 7:30 PM: KODO | Japanese Drumming | Tickets
- SAT FEB 18, 7 PM: Sippin’ Series – Classic Craft Cocktails | Tickets
- SUN FEB 19, 4 PM: Scottsdale Philharmonic | Classical Concert | Tickets
- FRI FEB 24, 8 PM: Ramin Karimloo with Seth Rudetsky | Broadway Voices | Tickets
- THU FEB 23, 4 and 7:30 PM / FRI FEB 24, 4 and 7:30 PM / SAT FEB 25, 4 PM: Robert Dubac’s STAND-UP JESUS | Comedy Theatre | Tickets
SAT FEB 18, 3 PM: The Kat and Dave Show | Tickets | Highlands Church Map
Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show 2023
- THU FEB 16 – SUN FEB 26: Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show, at Westworld |Tickets | MAP
Spring Training Scottsdale 2023
- SAT FEB 25 – TUE MAR 28: Salt River Fields tickets for D-Backs and Rockies games
- SUN FEB 26 – SAT MAR 25: Scottsdale Stadium San Francisco Giants Spring Training tickets
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT FEB 11:
Old Town Farmers Market — 8 AM – 1 PM. Lots of great food, entertainment, artisanal fare, and people and dog watching! MAP
Farmers Market North Scottsdale — 9 AM – 1 PM @ Living Water Lutheran Church Troon North. Produce, food trucks, live music and artisans. | MAP
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Early Spring is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE!
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Free fun things to do in Scottsdale, include hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt! Or take a FREE! ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays. Take the dogs out to rough-house at the dog parks and make new friends! Did you know Scottsdale is the number 1 pet-friendly city?
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is Free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
Be Smart and Safe in the Desert
Even though it’s cooler, it’s still the desert. Be smart. Bring plenty of water and snacks. Wear sunscreen, your hat and the right shoes. Check the weather and bring other appropriate gear.
Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot. Or this time of year, too cold. And, it gets dark early right now. Give yourself plenty of time to make it off the trail safely.
Stay on the trail and watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls need to spoil your fun. Don’t pester or feed wildlife.
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
There are many choices for worship, faith traditions, and community at Scottsdale Churches and Temples. And, if you seek fellowship or are struggling, Scottsdale has a strong 12-Step recovery community. Many recovery meetings are held in churches and temples.
Daylight’s burning — let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of fun Scottsdale events and fun things to do, February 9 – 12, 2023!
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!