Fun Scottsdale events February 16 – 19, 2023 means President’s Day Weekend! And, the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show lopes in as Scottsdale’s Super Season Arizona 2023 continues.
The list of fun things to do in Scottsdale this weekend is long.
With temps from the mid-60s to mid-70s, spring is springing! And it’s a great time to go outside and play. The desert is still green — and not just on our famous golf courses.
It’s going to be a stunning wildflower season in the Sonoran Desert. So it’s the perfect time to hit the trails — and they’re all FREE! See Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities below.
With lots of outdoor and indoor events — and activities for every age and budget, let’s get out there. Soak up the sun and have fun! Scroll for FREE! events and activities.
- Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show 2023
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Scottsdale Tours
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Upcoming Scottsdale Events February and March 2023:
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show 2023
The Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show is pretty special. It started in the 1950s and remains a fine tradition. It’s inexpensive fun and you’ll see so much athleticism and pride — in horses and riders.
It’s equestrianism at its finest! And, a great place to get a taste of the West. When so much in Scottsdale is changing so fast, it’s nice to feel some of our past.
Westworld is a perfect venue, against the backdrop of the McDowell Mountains and Sonoran Desert Preserve. With both indoor and outdoor events and exhibits, you can enjoy the sun or be under cover.
You’ll get to see riders of all ages and their horses warming up for events. You’ll see fancy equestrians and Arabian horses who look like equine versions of the Kardashians. And, there are regular, naturally beautifully bred horses too.
The riders and trainers are hard at work to put on a really good horse show. And you get to witness all of it. Dude or dudette up in your Western gear! If you don’t have cowboy boots, athletic shoes are preferred. You’ll be doing a lot of walking, if you’re able.
There’s ample parking, shuttles from the parking lot, and senior discounts. The facilities are first rate. Food and drinks are available. There are friendly workers and volunteers, eager for you to have a good time!
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
THU FEB 16 | FRI FEB 17 | SAT FEB 18 | SUN FEB 19:
Here are my pics this week:
Marlowe is an R-rated film noir crime thriller based on the hard-boiled character Phillip Marlowe. Created by author Raymond Chandler during the pulp fiction era of the 20s and 30s — it’s set in LA, ‘the city for dirty little secrets.’ Think Humphrey Bogart, now played by Liam Neeson. Also starring Diane Kruger and Jessica Lange.
Ratings: 6.2/10 IMDb
Magic Mike’s Last Dance, the Final Tease, rated R for racey, is the 3rd Magic Mike romcom starring Channing Tatum and Salma Hayek.
Ratings: 5.9/10 IMDb | 45% Rotten Tomatoes | 52% Metacritic | 69% Google Users liked it
Close is a PG13 rated, subtitled (unless you speak French or Dutch) indie coming of age drama about 2 13-year old boys. Beautiful cinematography. Tragedy strikes as usual and they grow up through it.
Ratings: 7.9/10 IMDb | 90% Rotten Tomatoes | 4/5 Letterboxd | 92% Google Users liked it
Moonlight Cinema® is on the rooftop of Fashion Square. See classic movies under the stars with reclining beach chairs, wireless hi-fi headsets, and treats! Dress warm and BYO Blanket — or buy one there.
Featured Classics This Week
FRI FEB 17, 6:45 PM – Early Show
Mad Max Fury Road, the 2015 R-rated, 4th of the post-apocalyptic series, where Mel Gibson is replaced by Tom Hardy as the namesake star. Also starring Charlize Theron, Zoe Kravitz and others.
Ratings: 8.1/10 IMDb | 97% Rotten Tomatoes | 90 % Metacritic
FRI FEB 17, 9:40 PM – Late Show
Say Anything, is the 1989 PG13 romcom starring John Cusack as the underachiever who falls for valedictorian Ione Skye in the summer before she heads off to college.
Ratings: 7.3 /10 IMDb | 98% Rotten Tomatoes | 3.65/5 Letterboxd | Google Users 82% liked
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Spring is the ideal time to enjoy the desert sunshine in our beautiful desert! Hiking in Scottsdale is huge. If you don’t hike, there are so many parks and flat trails in the city. See my post and table links below — you won’t believe how much there is to see and do while the weather’s perfect!
Free fun things to do in Scottsdale, include hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt! Or take a FREE! ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays. Take the dogs out to rough-house at the dog parks and make new friends! Did you know Scottsdale is the number 1 pet-friendly city?
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is Free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
Be Smart and Safe in the Desert
Even though it’s cooler, it’s still the desert. Be smart. Bring plenty of water and snacks. Wear sunscreen, your hat and the right shoes. Check the weather and bring other appropriate gear.
Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot. Or this time of year, too cold.
Stay on the trail and watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls need to spoil your fun. Don’t pester or feed wildlife.
Give yourself plenty of time to make it off the trail safely and see a stunning sunset! Here are posts and tables to ease your search for fun and FREE or low-cost things to do in Scottsdale:
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Spring is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE!
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
Art Walks and Festivals
Scottsdale ArtWalk FREE!
THU FEB 16, 6:30 – 9 PM | FREE! Scottsdale ArtWalk in Old Town.
Celebration of Fine Art
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- THU FEB 16, 7:30 PM: KODO | Japanese Drumming | Tickets
- SAT FEB 18, 7 PM: Sippin’ Series – Classic Craft Cocktails | Tickets
- SUN FEB 19, 4 PM: Scottsdale Philharmonic | Classical Concert | Tickets
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- FRI FEB 17, 7:00 – 9:30 PM: JAZZBIRD NIGHTS: DMITRI MATHENY GROUP — $10
- SAT FEB 18, 7:30 PM: BILL CHARLAP TRIO | Tickets
- FRI / SAT, 6 – 6:45 PM — FREE! — Yellow Bird Productions – Native American music, dance, stories and dialog in the Fire Garden | MAP
Scottsdale Drag Shows
Upcoming Scottsdale Events February and March 2023:
Hold on to your hats, as Scottsdale Super Season Arizona 2023 revs up the springtime fun! Fast cars, golf balls, horses, baseballs, bulls and more are gearing up for you.
Plan ahead so no more FOMO. Book your Special Scottsdale Resort. Get your tickets. Don’t miss any of these peak Scottsdale experiences:
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- FRI FEB 24, 8 PM: Ramin Karimloo with Seth Rudetsky | Broadway Voices | Tickets
- THU FEB 23, 4 and 7:30 PM / FRI FEB 24, 4 and 7:30 PM / SAT FEB 25, 4 PM: Robert Dubac’s STAND-UP JESUS | Comedy Theatre | Tickets
- SAT FEB 25, 7 PM: International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella | Tickets
- SUN FEB 26, 3 PM: Scottsdale Chorus | Tickets
- THU MAR 2: 7:30 PM: Margaret Cho: Live and LIVID! | Tickets
- SAT FEB 26 / SUN FEB 26 , 7:30 PM: Neil Berg’s 50 Years of Rock and Roll Part 3 | Tickets
- SUN MAR 5, 7:30 PM: Feinstein and Thibaudet | Tickets
FRI MAR 3 / SAT MAR 4, 7:30 PM: Bruno and the Hooligans: Ultimate Bruno Mars Tribute Band | FRI Tickets | SAT Tickets | MAP
Rodeo Scottdale Westworld 2023
Spring Training Scottsdale 2023
- SAT FEB 25 – TUE MAR 28: Salt River Fields tickets for D-Backs and Rockies games
- SUN FEB 26 – SAT MAR 25: Scottsdale Stadium San Francisco Giants Spring Training tickets
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT FEB 11:
Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
There are many choices for worship, faith traditions, and community at Scottsdale Churches and Temples. And, if you seek fellowship or are struggling, Scottsdale has a strong 12-Step recovery community. Many recovery meetings are held in churches and temples.
Daylight’s burning — let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of fun Scottsdale events and fun things to do, February 16 – 19, 2023! Play safe.
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!