Fun Scottsdale events February 1 – 5, 2023 means Old Town’s Western Week is here! Come find out why Scottsdale lives up to its name as the ‘West’s Most Western Town.’ Best of all, most events are FREE! And, family and dog-friendly!
While Western Week tops the list of fun things to do in Scottsdale this weekend, there are many other choices too, as Scottsdale’s Super Season Arizona 2023 continues.
With temps in the 70s and hints of springtime, it’s a great time to go outside and play. The desert is carpeted a rare green — and not just on our famous golf courses. It’s going to be a magnificent wildflower season in the Sonoran Desert from recent rains.
With lots of outdoor and indoor events — and activities for every age and budget, let’s get out there. Soak up the sun and have fun! Scroll for FREE! events and activities.
- Old Town Scottsdale Western Week 2023
- Scottsdale Waterfront Fine Art and Wine Festival 2023
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Upcoming Scottsdale Events January and February 2023:
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Scottsdale Tours
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
Old Town Scottsdale Western Week 2023
Here’s the breakdown of Western Week’s events, so you don’t miss anything. Arrive early. Consider ride sharing, as parking will be tight. Have fun but don’t overindulge. Scottsdale’s finest police will be doing their best to make sure no one gets hurt. Let’s do our part — yee haw!
THU FEB 1 – SUN FEB 5: Old Town Scottsdale Western Week – Old Town | FREE!
- THU FEB 2, 6 – 7 PM: Presentation: Marching Through 6 Decades of Parada Sol | Western Spirit Museum | MAP — FREE! for Scottsdale residents.
- THU FEB 2, 6:30 – 9 PM: Western Week Gold Palette Art Walk | MAP — FREE!
- FRI FEB 3, 11 AM – 1 PM: 65th Annual Hashknife Pony Express Arrival in Old Town | FREE! In front of the Western Spirit Museum | MAP — FREE! for ALL
- SAT FEB 4, 9 AM – 6 PM / SUN FEB 5 10 – 4 PM: Arizona Indian Festival | Scottsdale Civic Center | MAP | FREE!
- SAT FEB 4, 10 AM – 12 Noon: Parada Del Sol Parade in Old Town — FREE!
- SAT FEB 4, 12 PM, High Noon – 4 PM: Trail’s End Festival — FREE!
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Scottsdale Waterfront Fine Art and Wine Festival 2023
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
THU FEB 2 | FRI FEB 3 | SAT FEB 4 | SUN FEB 5:
Here are my pics this week:
Maybe I Do, a romcom starring a cast of favorites including Diane Keaton, Emma Roberts, Luke Bracey, Richard Gere, Susan Sarandon, and William H Macy. A meet-the-parents wedding flick with twists!
Ratings: 6.2/10 IMDb | 28% Rotten Tomatoes | 42% Metacritic | 78% Google User liked it
Turn Every Page: The Adventures of Caro and Gottlieb, a documentary about an author/editor duo working to finish their Lynden John opus before their time on the planet runs out. Starring a cast of literati including Bill Clinton, Conan O’Brien and others. Looks gripping!
Moonlight Cinema® is on the rooftop of Fashion Square. See classic movies under the stars with reclining beach chairs, wireless hi-fi headsets, and treats! Dress warm and BYO Blanket — or buy one there.
Featured Classics this week
FRI FEB 3, 6:30 PM – Early Show
The Fifth Element, the PG-13 rated 1997 action sci-fi classic starring Bruce Willis, Gary Oldman, and Milla Jovavich
Ratings: 7.6/10 IMDb | 71% Rotten Tomatoes | 84% JustWatch
FRI FEB 3, 9:20 PM – Late Show
Labyrinth is the PG rated 1986 classic fantasy musical starring David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly.
Ratings: 7.3/10 IMDb | 75% Rotten Tomatoes | 50% Metacritic
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
Art Walks and Festivals
Scottsdale ArtWalk FREE!
THU FEB 2, 6:30 – 9 PM | FREE! Scottsdale ArtWalk in Old Town. It’s a special Western Week Gold Palette Art Walk!
Celebration of Fine Art
Arizona Boardwalk at Talking Stick FREE!
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- FRI FEB 3 , 7:00 – 9:30 PM | JAZZBIRD NIGHTS: ERIC RASMUSSEN QUINTET — $10
- SUN FEB 5, 6 PM: SOUL REST — FREE!
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
FRI FEB 3, 7:30 PM: The Festival Orchestra with Haochen Zhang, Piano Soloist | Tickets | La Casa de Cristo MAP
- SAT FEB 4, 8 PM: Kathleen Madigan | Tickets | MAP
- FRI / SAT, 6 – 6:45 PM — FREE! — Yellow Bird Productions – Native American music, dance, stories and dialog in the Fire Garden | MAP
Scottsdale Drag Shows
Upcoming Scottsdale Events January and February 2023:
Hold on to your hats, as Scottsdale Super Season Arizona 2023 revs up the springtime fun! Fast cars, horses, baseballs and golf’s ‘Greatest Show on Grass,’ are gearing up for you.
Plan ahead so no more FOMO. Book your Special Scottsdale Resort. Get your tickets. Don’t miss any of these peak Scottsdale experiences:
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
Waste Management Phoenix Open 2023
- MON FEB 6 – SUN FEB 12: Waste Management Open 2023 People’s Phoenix Open | Tickets
- MON – TUES FREE General Admission days, courtesy Ford Free Days!
Old Town ESPC Main Street Tailgate Party FREE!
- WEDS FEB 8 – SUN FEB 12, 8 AM – 8 PM: MAP — FREE!
- SUN FEB 12: Super Bowl Sunday 8 AM – Noon
Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show 2023
Spring Training Scottsdale 2023
- SAT FEB 25 – TUE MAR 28: Salt River Fields tickets for D-Backs and Rockies games
- SUN FEB 26 – SAT MAR 25: Scottsdale Stadium San Francisco Giants Spring Training tickets
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT FEB 4:
SUN JAN 5
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Early Spring is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE!
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Free fun things to do in Scottsdale, include hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt! Or take a FREE! ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays. Take the dogs out to rough-house at the dog parks and make new friends! Did you know Scottsdale is the number 1 pet-friendly city?
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is Free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
Be Smart and Safe in the Desert
Even though it’s cooler, it’s still the desert. Be smart. Bring plenty of water and snacks. Wear sunscreen, your hat and the right shoes. Check the weather and bring other appropriate gear.
Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot. Or this time of year, too cold. And, it gets dark early right now. Give yourself plenty of time to make it off the trail safely.
Stay on the trail and watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls need to spoil your fun. Don’t pester or feed wildlife.
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
There are many choices for worship, faith traditions, and community at Scottsdale Churches and Temples. And, if you seek fellowship or are struggling, Scottsdale has a strong 12-Step recovery community. Many recovery meetings are held in churches and temples.
Daylight’s burning — let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of fun Scottsdale events and fun things to do, February 1 – 5, 2023!
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!