Fun Scottsdale events, December 8-11, 2022 means the holidays are revving up! And lots of other fun things to do in Scottsdale this weekend — even if the holidays aren’t your faves.
With highs in the low 60s, it’s beginning to feel a lot like — yep, winter in the desert. There are lots of outdoor and indoor events — and activities for every age and budget. Even if you’re a Grinch or Scrooge. Or you secretly love Santa! Scroll for FREE! events and activities.
- Scottsdale Events December 2022
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Scottsdale Tours
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Upcoming Events in Scottsdale — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Scottsdale Events December 2022
Holiday Events and Lights in Scottsdale 2022
Scottsdazzle 2022 continues for the holidays this weekend at the Waterfront! Where Downtown meets Old Town, enjoy big-scale lighted decorations as you stroll Soleri Plaza and meander to Old Town. Lots of oohs, ahs, laughs and photo ops are yours!
From THU DEC 8 – SAT DEC 31, it’s a big fiesta, with shopping, food, and 45 plus fun Scottsdale holiday events!
See the map below for all events — FREE! and paid. Who says it doesn’t feel like the holidays in the desert? Get out there and be dazzled!
THU DEC 8 | FRI DEC 9 | SAT DEC 10 | SUN DEC 11: | 5:30 – 9 PM FREE! | WATERFRONT MAP
Holiday Lights at the Railroad Park
Holiday Lights, carousel rides, train rides, and pictures with Santa at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park.
Talking Stick Holiday Lights and Events
Holiday Lights Salt River Fields
Enchant Scottsdale includes a light maze, ice skating, village shopping fair, Santa, and more. December 1 – January 1. Look for kids’ FREE! Wednesdays.
Winter Waterland at OdySea Aquarium
Native Art Market at Talking Stick
The Native Art Market is back at Talking Stick’s Pavilions — FREE! Enjoy an outdoor Indigenous experience, complete with art, food and performances.
SAT DEC 10, 9:30 AM – 5 PM | MAP
Scottsdale Quarter Holiday Weekend Entertainment
Scottsdale Quarter is a fantastic outdoor mall to enjoy their FREE! Holiday Weekend Entertainment, from SAT DEC 3 – SUN DEC 18.
SAT DEC 10, 12 Noon – 3 PM | Dicken’s Carolers
SUN DEC 11, 12 Noon – 3 PM | Pete Pancrazi
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
THU DEC 8 | FRI DEC 9 | SAT DEC 10 | SUN DEC 11:
Here are my pics this week:
Empire of Light, a Sam Mendes-directed movie ‘about love, friendship, and connection, set in a coastal town in Southern England against the social turmoil of the early 1980s.’ Starring Olivia Colman, Colin Firth and Michael Ward.
Spoiler Alert, a gay romcom ‘based on Michael Ausiello’s best-selling memoir “Spoiler Alert: The Hero Dies,” the film is a heartwarming, funny and life-affirming story of how Michael and Kit’s relationship is transformed and deepened when one of them falls ill.’ Starring Jim Parsons, Ben Aldridge, and Sally Field.
Emancipation, ‘inspired by the gripping true story of a man who would do anything for his family—and for freedom. When Peter, an enslaved man, risks his life to escape and return to his family, he embarks on a perilous journey of love and endurance.’ An action thriller starring Will Smith, Ben Foster, Steven Ogg, Mustafa Shakir, and Ronnie Gene Blevins.
Four Christmases, the 2008 classic holiday romcom with Reese Witherspoon, Vince Vaughan, Mary Steenburgen, Sissy Spacek, Robert DuVall, et. al. It’s always funnier when it not your family!
Moonlight Cinema® is on the rooftop of Fashion Square. See classic movies under the stars with reclining beach chairs, wireless hi-fi headsets, and treats! Dress warm and BYO Blanket — or buy one there.
Featured Christmas/Holiday Classics this week
FRI DEC 9, 6:30 PM – Early Show
The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tim Burton’s 1993 animated holiday film starring the voices of Danny Elfman, Catherine O’Hara, Paul Reubens, Chris Sarandon, William Hickey.
FRI DEC 9, 9:15 PM – Late Show
Die Hard. ‘New York City Detective John McClane — Bruce Willis — becomes the only hope for a small group of hostages, trapped in a Los Angeles high-rise office building when it is seized by terrorists on Christmas Eve. This 30th Anniversary event includes exclusive insight from Turner Classic Movies.’ Also starring Bonnie Bedelia and Alan Rickman.
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
THU DEC 8, 6:30 – 9 PM | FREE! Scottsdale ArtWalk in Old Town.
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- FRI DEC 9, 7:30 PM | — $10 — JAZZBIRD NIGHTS: BOB RAVENSCROFT TRIO | MAP
- SUN DEC 11, 6 PM | SOUL REST — FREE!
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- FRI DEC 9, 8 PM | BODYTRAFFIC – Dance | Tickets
- FRI DEC 9, 11 AM | BODYTRAFFIC – Student Matinee – Dance | Tickets $5 Bargain Price!
- SAT DEC 10, 7 PM | Sippin’ Series: Holiday Cocktails Tickets
- SUN DEC 11, 4:00 PM | Scottsdale Philharmonic | Tickets
- FRI DEC 9, 8 PM | The Mavericks, Very Merry Christmas Tour, featuring JD McPherson | Tickets
- FRI / SAT, 6 – 6:45 PM — FREE! — Yellow Bird Productions – Native American music, dance, stories and dialog in the Fire Garden | MAP
- FRI DEC 9, 7:30 PM | MICK ADAMS AND THE STONES | TICKETS | MAP
- SAT DEC 10, 7:30 PM | MICK ADAMS AND THE STONES | TICKETS | MAP
Scottsdale Drag Shows
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT DEC 10
Santa will be at Old Town Farmers Market from 9 AM – Noon! FREE! Tickets
SUN DEC 11
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Fall is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE!
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Free fun things to do in Scottsdale, include hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt! Or take a FREE! ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays. Take the dogs out to rough-house at the dog parks and make new friends!
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is Free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
NOTE: Even though it’s cooler, it’s still the desert. Be smart. Bring plenty of water, wear sunscreen, your hat and the right shoes. Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot. Watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls need to spoil your fun.
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Upcoming Events in Scottsdale — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Check out these upcoming events and get your tickets. So you don’t miss any of these fun things to do in Scottsdale:
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- THU DEC 15, 7 PM | World Ballet Series: Nutcracker | Tickets
- SAT DEC 17, 8 PM | Mariachi Sol de México®️ de José Hernández | Tickets
- SUN DEC 18, 6 PM | Brubeck Brothers Quartet Jazz | Tickets
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- FRI DEC 16, 7:00 PM | — $10 — JAZZBIRD NIGHTS: SCOTT SADLON | MAP
- SAT DEC 17, 7:30 PM | BETH LEDERMAN: HOLIDAY CONCERT | Tickets
- SUN DEC 18, 6 – 8 PM | JAZZ FOR THE SOUL: DAN DELANEY QUARTET – HOLIDAY CLASSICS — FREE!
- FRI DEC 22, 8 PM | ZZ Top | Tickets | MAP
- SAT DEC 31, 9 PM | Glitter and Glow New Year’s Eve | Tickets:
- George Michael Reborn: A Tribute to George Michaels
- Who’s Bad: A Tribute to Michael Jackson
- FRI DEC 16, 7:30 PM | The Pat Benatar Experience | TICKETS | MAP
- SAT DEC 17, 7:30 PM | The Pat Benatar Experience | TICKETS | MAP
- SAT DEC 31, 9 PM | New Year’s Eve in the Showroom – Soultify & the Manic Hispanic | Tickets
Daylight’s burning — let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of our fun Scottsdale events December 8-11 2022!
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!