Fun Scottsdale events, December 29, 2022 – January 1, 2023 means it’s turning next year! Ring in 2023 with lots of fun things to do in Scottsdale this weekend!
What are you doing for New Year’s Eve and weekend? Are you gonna party like it’s 2023? Or start working off the holiday treats? Hit the malls for returns, sales and a movie? You’ve got options.
Right now it looks like rain. But with lots of indoor and outdoor events — if the forecast changes — and activities for every age and budget, you won’t be bored. Scroll for FREE! events and activities.
New Year’s Eve Events in Scottsdale
- SAT DEC 31, 9 PM | Glitter and Glow New Year’s Eve | Tickets:
- George Michael Reborn: A Tribute to George Michael
- Who’s Bad: A Tribute to Michael Jackson
AZ Baby Boomers NYE 2023 GALA
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
THU DEC 29 | FRI DEC 30 | SAT DEC 31 | SUN JAN 1:
If you’re looking for a racy retro Hollywood behind-the-scenes epic, here’s just the ticket for for a rainy afternoon:
Babylon, starring Brad Pitt, Margo Robbie, Diego Calva, Tobey Maguire and a bunch of other stars.
Plot: Set in 1920s LA, it’s a 3-hour romp of early Hollywood depravity and decadence. Directed by Damien Chazelle. R-rated. Looks irresistible!
Here are my other pics this week:
The Whale starring Brendan Fraser is about a severly obese reclusive English teacher trying to reconnect with his estranged teenage daughter for one last chance to do good. Bring tissues or grab some napkins at the snack bar!
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
THU DEC 29, 6:30 – 9 PM | FREE! Scottsdale ArtWalk in Old Town.
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
- FRI / SAT, 6 – 6:45 PM — FREE! — Yellow Bird Productions – Native American music, dance, stories and dialog in the Fire Garden | MAP
Scottsdale Drag Shows
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT DEC 31
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Fall is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE!
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Free fun things to do in Scottsdale, include hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt! Or take a FREE! ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays. Take the dogs out to rough-house at the dog parks and make new friends! Did you know Scottsdale is the number 1 pet-friendly city?
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is Free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
Be Smart and Safe in the Desert
Even though it’s cooler, it’s still the desert. Be smart. Bring plenty of water and snacks. Wear sunscreen, your hat and the right shoes. Check the weather and bring other appropriate gear.
Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot. Or this time of year, too cold. And, it gets dark early right now. Give yourself plenty of time to make it off the trail safely.
Stay on the trail and watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls need to spoil your fun. Don’t pester or feed wildlife.
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
Upcoming Events in Scottsdale — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Check out these upcoming events and get your tickets. So you don’t miss any of these fun things to do in Scottsdale:
Hold on to your hats, as Scottsdale turns up the springtime fun! Fast cars, horses, baseballs and golf’s ‘Greatest Show on Grass,’ are gearing up for you. Check out our big upcoming events. Book your Resort. Get your tickets. You don’t miss any of these peak Scottsdale experiences:
- SAT JAN 21 – SAT JAN 29, 8 AM: Barrett Jackson Car Auction 2023 | Tickets | MAP
- SAT JAN 28 – SUN FEB 5, Old Town Scottsdale Western Week – FREE!
- MON FEB 6 – SUN FEB 12: Waste Management Open 2023 People’s Phoenix Open | Tickets
- MON – TUES FREE General Admission days, courtesy Ford Free Days!
- THU FEB 16- SUN FEB 26: Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show, at Westworld. Tickets | MAP
- Spring Training Scottsdale 2023:
- SAT FEB 25 – TUE MAR 28: Salt River Fields tickets for D-Backs and Rockies games
- SUN FEB 26 – SAT MAR 25: Scottsdale Stadium San Francisco Giants Spring Training tickets
Daylight’s burning — let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of our holiday fun Scottsdale events December 29, 2022 – January 1, 2023! Happy New Year!
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!