Fun Scottsdale events, December 22-25, 2022 means the holidays are here, frenzy or not! And with tons of fun things to do in Scottsdale this weekend — even if the holidays aren’t your thing, you won’t be bored.
Who’s dreaming of a sunny Christmas? With highs near 70, it’s the gift of Scottsdale. There are lots of outdoor and indoor events — and activities for every age and budget. Whether you secretly love Santa or are of the Grinch or Scrooge persuasion, you’ll find your fun. Scroll for FREE! events and activities.
- Scottsdale Holiday Events and Festivities 2022
- Christmas Church Celebrations in Scottsdale
- Holiday Events and Lights in Scottsdale 2022
- Scottsdazzle 2022
- Holiday Lights at the Railroad Park
- Christmas at the Princess
- Talking Stick Holiday Lights and Events
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Scottsdale Tours
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Upcoming Events in Scottsdale — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Scottsdale Holiday Events and Festivities 2022
Christmas Church Celebrations in Scottsdale
With Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa upon us, maybe you seek a faith-based celebration of the season with friends, family. Or going solo and meeting new friends. There’s no need to be home alone for the holidays.
There are many choices for worship, praise and fellowship at Scottsdale Churches and Temples. And, if you’re struggling and want/need help, Scottsdale has a strong 12-Step recovery community, where all are welcome. C’mon, let’s get in the spirit and show up for each other!
Holiday Events and Lights in Scottsdale 2022
Scottsdazzle 2022 continues for the holidays this weekend at the Waterfront! Where Downtown meets Old Town, enjoy big-scale lighted decorations as you stroll Soleri Plaza and meander to Old Town. Lots of oohs, ahs, laughs and photo ops are yours!
From THU DEC 22 – SAT DEC 31, it’s a big fiesta, with shopping, food, and lots of fun Scottsdale holiday events!
See the map below for all events — FREE! and paid. Who says it doesn’t feel like the holidays in the desert? Get out there and be dazzled!
THU DEC 22 | FRI DEC 23 | SAT DEC 24 | SUN DEC 25: | 5:30 – 9 PM FREE! | WATERFRONT MAP
Holiday Lights at the Railroad Park
Holiday Lights, carousel rides, train rides, and pictures with Santa at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park. FRI DEC 23 – FRI DEC 30.
Christmas at the Princess
Scottsdale Princess Resort’s holiday tradition is a grand-scale, high-end experience for family and friends!
- THU DEC 22, 5 – 10 PM
- FRI DEC 23, 4 – 11 PM
- SAT DEC 24, 4 – 11 PM
- SUN DEC 25, 4 – 11 PM
Talking Stick Holiday Lights and Events
Holiday Lights Salt River Fields
Enchant Scottsdale includes a light maze, ice skating, village shopping fair, Santa, and more. December 1 – January 1. Look for kids’ FREE! Wednesdays.
Winter Waterland at OdySea Aquarium
AZ Boardwalk – Candlelight Open Air Holiday Special
A Candlelight Concert experience, featuring the Nutcracker and more!
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
THU DEC 22 | FRI DEC 23 | SAT DEC 24 | SUN DEC 25:
Movies are a great escape — when the real holiday fun isn’t quite the Hallmark kind. Here are my pics this week:
The Whale starring Brendan Fraser is about a severly obese reclusive English teacher living trying to reconnect with his estranged teenage daughter for one last chance to do good. Bring tissues or grab some napkins at the snack bar!
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
THU DEC 22, 6:30 – 9 PM | FREE! Scottsdale ArtWalk in Old Town.
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
- FRI / SAT, 6 – 6:45 PM — FREE! — Yellow Bird Productions – Native American music, dance, stories and dialog in the Fire Garden | MAP
Scottsdale Drag Shows
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT DEC 23
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Fall is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE!
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Free fun things to do in Scottsdale, include hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt! Or take a FREE! ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays. Take the dogs out to rough-house at the dog parks and make new friends!
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is Free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
Be Smart and Safe in the Desert
Even though it’s cooler, it’s still the desert. Be smart. Bring plenty of water and snacks. Wear sunscreen, your hat and the right shoes. Check the weather and bring other appropriate gear.
Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot. Or this time of year, too cold. And, it gets dark early right now. Give yourself plenty of time to make it off the trail safely.
Stay on the trail and watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls need to spoil your fun. Don’t pester or feed wildlife.
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Upcoming Events in Scottsdale — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Check out these upcoming events and get your tickets. So you don’t miss any of these fun things to do in Scottsdale:
- SAT DEC 31, 9 PM | Glitter and Glow New Year’s Eve | Tickets:
- George Michael Reborn: A Tribute to George Michael
- Who’s Bad: A Tribute to Michael Jackson
Daylight’s burning — let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of our holiday fun Scottsdale events December 22-25 2022!
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!