Fun Scottsdale events, December 15-18, 2022 means the holidays are in full swing! And with tons of fun things to do in Scottsdale this weekend — even if the holidays aren’t your fave, you won’t be bored.
With highs in the upper 50s, there’s enough chill in the air for homies. Visitors can wear shorts! There are lots of outdoor and indoor events — and activities for every age and budget. Even if you’re a Grinch or Scrooge. Or you secretly love Santa! Scroll for FREE! events and activities.
- Scottsdale Events December 2022
- Holiday Events and Lights in Scottsdale 2022
- Scottsdazzle 2022
- Holiday Lights at the Railroad Park
- Christmas at the Princess
- Talking Stick Holiday Lights and Events
- Scottsdale Quarter Holiday Weekend Entertainment
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Scottsdale Tours
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Upcoming Events in Scottsdale — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Scottsdale Events December 2022
Holiday Events and Lights in Scottsdale 2022
Scottsdazzle 2022 continues for the holidays this weekend at the Waterfront! Where Downtown meets Old Town, enjoy big-scale lighted decorations as you stroll Soleri Plaza and meander to Old Town. Lots of oohs, ahs, laughs and photo ops are yours!
From THU DEC 15 – SAT DEC 31, it’s a big fiesta, with shopping, food, and 45 plus fun Scottsdale holiday events!
See the map below for all events — FREE! and paid. Who says it doesn’t feel like the holidays in the desert? Get out there and be dazzled!
THU DEC 15 | FRI DEC 16 | SAT DEC 17 | SUN DEC 18: | 5:30 – 9 PM FREE! | WATERFRONT MAP
Holiday Lights at the Railroad Park
Holiday Lights, carousel rides, train rides, and pictures with Santa at McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park. FRI DEC 15 – FRI DEC 30.
FRI DEC 15 | SAT DEC 16 | SUN DEC 17: 6 – 9:30 PM | Tickets available for 6 PM and 8 PM time slots | MAP
Christmas at the Princess
Scottsdale Princess Resort’s holiday tradition is a grand-scale, high-end experience for family and friends!
- THU DEC 15, 5 – 10 PM
- FRI DEC 16, 4 – 11 PM
- SAT DEC 17, 4 – 11 PM
- SUN DEC 18, 4 – 11 PM
Talking Stick Holiday Lights and Events
Holiday Lights Salt River Fields
Enchant Scottsdale includes a light maze, ice skating, village shopping fair, Santa, and more. December 1 – January 1. Look for kids’ FREE! Wednesdays.
THU DEC 15 | FRI DEC 16 | SAT DEC 17 | SUN DEC 18: 5:30 PM – 10:30 PM| Tickets | MAP
Winter Waterland at OdySea Aquarium
Winter Waterland at OdySea Aquarium is at Talking Stick’s Fun District, SAT DEC 13 – SAT DEC 31. Have a VIP SeaTREK Santa Holiday Experience and a whole school of sea-themed fun holiday activities.
SAT DEC 17 – SAT DEC 31 Hours | Tickets | MAP
AZ Boardwalk – Holiday Fair and Marketplace – FREE!
See Santa, be in a blizzard and more — FREE!
Native Art Market at Talking Stick
The Native Art Market is back at Talking Stick’s Pavilions — FREE! Enjoy an outdoor Indigenous experience, complete with art, food and performances.
SAT DEC 17, 9:30 AM – 5 PM | MAP
Scottsdale Quarter Holiday Weekend Entertainment
Scottsdale Quarter is a fantastic outdoor mall to enjoy their FREE! Holiday Weekend Entertainment, from SAT DEC 17 – SUN DEC 18.
SAT DEC 17, 12 Noon – 3 PM | Dicken’s Carolers
SUN DEC 18, 12 Noon – 3 PM | Pete Pancrazi
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
THU DEC 15 | FRI DEC 16 | SAT DEC 17 | SUN DEC 18:
Here are my holiday pics this week:
If you love comedy holiday movie musicals, Spirited is for you, starring Ryan Reynolds, Will Ferrell and Octavia Spencer. A new take on the classic A Christmas Carol.
The Holiday, a 2006 romcom where 2 women with man trouble, Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz, swap homes and countries for the holidays. The fun includes Jude Law and Jack Black.
Planes, Trains and Automobiles, the 1987 holiday comedy classic starring John Candy and Steve Martin. An odd couple movie about 2 guys trying to get home for the holidays. What could go wrong? Yep, eveything! Hysterical and heart-warming!
Moonlight Cinema® is on the rooftop of Fashion Square. See classic movies under the stars with reclining beach chairs, wireless hi-fi headsets, and treats! Dress warm and BYO Blanket — or buy one there.
Featured Christmas/Holiday Classics this week
FRI DEC 9, 6:30 PM – Early Show
Home Alone is a comedy about an 8-year-old troublemaker who protects his family home from 2 burglars after he’s accidentally left home alone by his family for Christmas vacation. Starring Macaulay Culkin, Catherine O’Hara, John Candy, and Joe Pesci.
FRI DEC 9, 9:00 PM – Late Show
Love Actually, a romcom of 8 London couples’ love lives in woven tales set during the Christmas frenzy. A star-studded cast: Colin Firth, Keira Knightley, Laura Linney, Kris Marshall, Liam Neeson, Hugh Grant, Martin Freeman, Bill Nighy, Emma Thompson, Rowan Atkinson, Alan Rickman, Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Here are other films playing this week and everything you need to know about Harkins! See you at the movies!
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
THU DEC 16, 6:30 – 9 PM | FREE! Scottsdale ArtWalk in Old Town.
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- FRI DEC 16, 7:00 PM | — $10 — JAZZBIRD NIGHTS: SCOTT SADLON | MAP
- SAT DEC 17, 7:30 PM | BETH LEDERMAN: HOLIDAY CONCERT | Tickets
- SUN DEC 18, 6 – 8 PM | JAZZ FOR THE SOUL: DAN DELANEY QUARTET – HOLIDAY CLASSICS — FREE!
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- THU DEC 15, 7 PM | World Ballet Series: Nutcracker | Tickets
- SAT DEC 17, 8 PM | Mariachi Sol de México®️ de José Hernández | Tickets
- SUN DEC 18, 6 PM | Brubeck Brothers Quartet Jazz | Tickets
- FRI / SAT, 6 – 6:45 PM — FREE! — Yellow Bird Productions – Native American music, dance, stories and dialog in the Fire Garden | MAP
- FRI DEC 16, 7:30 PM | The Pat Benatar Experience | TICKETS | MAP
- SAT DEC 17, 7:30 PM | The Pat Benatar Experience | TICKETS | MAP
Scottsdale Drag Shows
FRI DEC 9 | SAT DEC 10, 7 PM | Illusions the Drag Queen Show | MAP
SUN DEC 11 , 1:30 | Illusions the Drag Queen Brunch Show | Old Town | MAP
SUN DEC 11, 1:30 PM | Diva Royale Drag Queen Show | Old Town | MAP
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT DEC 10
Farmers Market North Scottsdale — 9 AM – 1 PM @ Living Water Lutheran Church Troon North. Produce, food trucks, live music and artisans. | MAP
Old Town Farmers Market — 8 AM – 1 PM. Lots of great food, entertainment, artisanal fare, and people and dog watching! MAP
Santa will be at Old Town Farmers Market from 9 AM – Noon! FREE! Tickets
SUN DEC 11 — No Market
Farmers Market North Scottsdale — 10 AM – 1 PM. * Check link for variable Sunday times @ Blessed Sacrament Roman Catholic Parish. Produce, food trucks, live music and artisans. | MAP
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Fall is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE!
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Free fun things to do in Scottsdale, include hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt! Or take a FREE! ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays. Take the dogs out to rough-house at the dog parks and make new friends!
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is Free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
Be Smart and Safe in the Desert
Even though it’s cooler, it’s still the desert. Be smart. Bring plenty of water and snacks. Wear sunscreen, your hat and the right shoes. Check the weather and bring other appropriate gear.
Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot. Or this time of year, too cold. And, it gets dark early right now. Give yourself plenty of time to make it off the trail safely.
Stay on the trail and watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls need to spoil your fun. Don’t pester or feed wildlife.
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Upcoming Events in Scottsdale — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Check out these upcoming events and get your tickets. So you don’t miss any of these fun things to do in Scottsdale:
- FRI DEC 22, 8 PM | ZZ Top | Tickets | MAP
- SAT DEC 31, 9 PM | Glitter and Glow New Year’s Eve | Tickets:
- George Michael Reborn: A Tribute to George Michael
- Who’s Bad: A Tribute to Michael Jackson
SAT DEC 31, 9 PM | New Year’s Eve in the Showroom – Soultify & the Manic Hispanic | Tickets | MAP
Daylight’s burning — let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of our fun Scottsdale events December 15-18 2022!
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!