Fun Scottsdale events April 6-9, 2023 means Easter, Passover and simply enjoying our fabulous spring weather!
The list of fun things to do in Scottsdale this weekend is long. Scroll for FREE! events and activities.
It’s full on spring fever in Scottsdale! Temps are warming up fast to the upper 80s and 90ish. It’s the last chance to enjoy spring in the Sonoran Desert — city, trails or both! It’s a great time to go outside and play, and catch a movie or other event. The desert is still green — and not just on our famous golf courses.
Catch the last hurrah of the ‘superbloom’ wildflower season in the Sonoran Desert. It’s the perfect time to hit the trails — and they’re all FREE! And, you don’t have to fall off a mountain to see them. Look for accessible and nature trails in my tables. See Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities below.
With lots of outdoor and indoor events — and activities for every age and budget, let’s get out there. Soak up the sun and have fun!
- Scottsdale Easter 2023 Events and Activities
- Valley Bike Month 2023
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Scottsdale Outdoor Tours
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Upcoming Scottsdale Events March / April 2023:
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
Scottsdale Easter 2023 Events and Activities
Easter’s on Sunday, April 9. And Passover is April 5 – 13. There are lots of fun choices, whether you’re going to church, temple, a non-worship event, brunch, a picnic in the park, or all of these:
If you’re seeking a faith-based outing, here’s my post and handy tables of Scottsdale Churches and Temples.
Did someone say brunch? Easily find your table, with my tables, at that Special Scottsdale Resort and make your reservation!
There are many options to make your celebrations memorable!
Valley Bike Month 2023
If you’re a cyclist, Valley Bike Month is for you! With commuter challenges and prizes or just cruising in the spring sunshine. Have I’ve got a cycle post for you, complete with tables of trails! And e-bike rules. Scottsdale has 350+ miles of primo bike lanes. Plus, 7,360+ miles of scenic bike paths and trails are yours for the riding. Paved bike trails and mountain biking in the desert — your pick! Wear your helmet, ride nice, and be safe!
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
THU APR 6 | FRI APR 7 | SAT APR 8 | SUN APR 9:
Here are my pics this week:
Air, the Ben Affleck-directed, Matt Damon-starring commercial for Nike and the story of basketball great Michael Jordan. Marlon Wayans plays Michael Jordan and Viola Davis plays his mom. Looks like a winner!
Ratings: 8.5/10 IMDb | 100% Rotten Tomatoes | 77% Metacritic
A Good Person stars Morgan Freeman and Florence Pugh. ‘Years after being involved in a fatal accident, Allison forms an unlikely relationship with her would-be father-in-law.’ Looks like a good redemption story! Grab some napkins in the snack bar. R | Drama
Ratings: IMDb 7.3 | 56% Rotten Tomatoes | 97% Fandango
Moonlight Cinema® is on the rooftop of Fashion Square. See classic movies under the stars with reclining beach chairs, wireless hi-fi headsets, and treats! Bring a jacket or sweater and BYO Blanket — or buy one there.
Featured Moonlight Cinema® Classics This Week
FRI APR 7, 7:30 PM – Early Show
Everything Everywhere All at Once, the best picture of the year, starring Michelle Yeoh, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Harry Shum, Jr.
Ratings: 7.9/10 IMDb | 94 % Rotten Tomatoes | 81% Metacritic
FRI APR 7, 10:30 PM – Late Show
2001: A Space Odyssey, it’s the 50th anniversary of this 1968 classic Stanley Kubrick-directed, ground-breaking adventure sci-fi flick starring Hal, plus Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood. Just go, whether you’ve seen it before or never seen it.
Ratings: 8.3 /10 IMDb | 91% Rotten Tomatoes | Metacritic 84%
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Spring is the ideal time to enjoy the desert sunshine in our beautiful desert! Hiking in Scottsdale is huge. If you don’t hike, there are so many parks and flat trails in the city. Including Accessible ones. See my post and table links below — you won’t believe how much there is to see and do while the weather’s perfect!
Free fun things to do in Scottsdale, include hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt! Or take a FREE! ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays. Take the dogs out to rough-house at the dog parks and make new friends! Did you know Scottsdale is the number 1 pet-friendly city?
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is Free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
Here are posts and tables to ease your search for fun and FREE or low-cost things to do in Scottsdale:
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Be Smart and Safe in the Desert
The desert is a land of extremes. Be smart. Bring plenty of water and snacks. Wear sunscreen, your hat and the right shoes. Check the weather and bring other appropriate gear.
Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot.
If hiking, stay on the trail and watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls need to spoil your fun. Don’t pester or feed wildlife. Pick up your dog’s poop.
Give yourself plenty of time to make it on and off the trail safely and see a stunning sunrise or sunset!
Scottsdale Outdoor Tours
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Spring is perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE!
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
Art Walks and Festivals
Scottsdale ArtWalk FREE!
THU APR 6, 6:30 – 9 PM | FREE! Scottsdale ArtWalk in Old Town.
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- FRI APR 7, 8 PM: Fran Lebowitz / Comedy | Tickets
- SAT APR 8, 7 PM: Sippin’ Series: Cristilino Tequila | Tickets
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- FRI, APR 7 / 4 PM and 7 – 8 PM: PASSION: A GOOD FRIDAY EXPERIENCE | — FREE! but get Tickets – Seating Limited
Talking Stick Events
- FRI APR 7 – FRI APR 22 – 8 PM: The Bachelor Live | MAP
- FRI / SAT, 6 – 6:45 PM — FREE! — Yellow Bird Productions – Native American music, dance, stories and dialog in the Fire Garden | MAP
Arizona Board Walk at Talking Stick
Scottsdale Drag Shows
Upcoming Scottsdale Events March / April 2023:
Plan ahead so no more FOMO. Book your Special Scottsdale Resort. Get your tickets. Don’t miss any of these peak Scottsdale experiences:
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- FRI APR 14, 5 PM, 6 PM, 7 PM: Arizona Trolley Dances | Tickets
- SAT APR 15, 11 AM, 12 PM, 1 PM: Arizona Trolley Dances | Tickets
- SAT APR 29, 7:30 PM: Takin’ it to the Streets – Doobie Brothers Tribute Band | Tickets | Highlands Church Map
Talking Stick Events
- FRI APR 21 / SAT APR 22, 7:30 PM: Private Eyes Hall and Oates Tribute Band | FRI Tickets | MAP
- FRI APR 28 / SAT APR 29, 7:30 PM: Damage Inc Metallica Tribute Band | FRI Tickets | SAT Tickets
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT APR 8:
Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
There are many choices for worship, faith traditions, and community at Scottsdale Churches and Temples. And, if you seek fellowship or are struggling, Scottsdale has a strong 12-Step recovery community. Many recovery meetings are held in churches and temples.
Daylight’s burning — let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of fun Scottsdale events and fun things to do, April 6-April 9, 2023! Play safe.
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!