Fun Scottsdale events April 28-May 1, 2022 are heating up as Valley of the Sun temps near 100°. Cool early mornings outdoors, hot jazz and chilly movie theaters are some of your many choices. Look for FREE fun things to do in Scottsdale, like hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt early! Take a FREE ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays — don't sweat it! Take the dogs out early to rough-house at the dog parks!
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
FRI APR 29 | SAT APR 30:
Moonlight Cinema® at Harkins Camelview Fashion Square rooftop classics: Friday night's viewing is SciFi/Fantasy classic Deadpool (2016) with Ryan Reynolds and Morena Baccarin. And Saturday night, see Ron Howard-directed Willow (1988) an action/adventure comedy with Val Kilmer and Joann Whalley. Movies under the stars with reclining beach chairs, wireless hi-fi headsets, and treats!
As the desert heats up, we cool down with movies — these are my picks:
Father Stu starring Mark Wahlberg and Mel Gibson is a must-see in my book — bring tissues!
The Lost City with Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum, and Daniel Radcliffe — comedy, romance, action/adventure.
Everything Everywhere All at Once with Michelle Yeoh and Jamie Lee Curtis looks fun — comedy, SciFi/Fantasy, action/adventure.
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
THU APR 28, 7 PM – 9 PM: FREE Scottsdale Art Walk in Old Town.
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle's Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- THU APR 28: 7:30 PM — Keb' Mo, American Roots/Blues | Tickets
- FRI APR 29: 7PM — Satinder Sartaaj, Punjabi Singer | Tickets
- SUN MAY 1, 8 PM — MusicaNova: Bruckner 4th Symphony | Tickets
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
FRI APR 29, 6 PM — FREE — JAZZBIRD NIGHTS: Rob Moore and Friends | MAP
Scottsdale Drag Shows
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT APR 30
SUN MAY 1
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Late spring may still be perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale's “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours'
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you're goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
How about cheaper golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Frisbee golf is free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone's wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
NOTE: It's the time of year to think about getting outside earlier. Bring plenty of water, wear sunscreen and your hat. Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too hot. Watch where you're stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains or falls to spoil your fun.
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Scottsdale Fun Things Horizon — Plan Ahead So No FOMO!
Hold on to your hats, as Scottsdale turns up the late spring heat! Check out these big upcoming events and get your tickets. You don't miss any of these fun things to do in Scottsdale:
- Pitbull @ Talking Stick, FRI May 27, 8PM. Tickets
Daylight's burning—let's go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of our fun Scottsdale events April 28-May 1, 2022!
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I'm a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!