Fun Scottsdale events April 20-23, 2023 means enjoying the end of our fabulous spring weather — with a long list of fun things to do in Scottsdale this weekend! Scroll for FREE! events and activities.
Temps are warming up fast to the upper 90s. It’s the last chance to enjoy spring in the Sonoran Desert — city, trails or both! It’s a great time to go outside and play, and catch a movie or other event. The desert is still green — not just on our famous golf courses, and everything’s blooming and fragrant! Get out early before it’s too hot.
With lots of outdoor and indoor events — and activities for every age and budget, let’s get out there. Soak up the sun and have fun!
- Scottsdale’s Museum of the West – FREE! Event
- Valley Bike Month 2023
- Scottsdale Movie Date
- Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
- Scottsdale Outdoor Tours
- Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
- Upcoming Scottsdale Events April 2023:
- Scottsdale Farmers Markets
- Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
Scottsdale’s Museum of the West – FREE! Event
Scottsdale residents with a valid ID can visit our venerable Western Spirit Museum for FREE! until April 30. This is your last chance to see the Edward S. Curtis photography collection. Here’s my post to learn all about the Best Western Museum!
Valley Bike Month 2023
If you’re a cyclist, Valley Bike Month is for you! With commuter challenges and prizes — or just cruising in the spring sunshine. Have I’ve got a cycle post for you, complete with tables of trails! And e-bike rules. Scottsdale has 350+ miles of primo bike lanes. Plus, 7,360+ miles of scenic bike paths and trails are yours for the riding. Paved bike trails and mountain biking in the desert — your pick! Wear your helmet, ride nice, and be safe!
Scottsdale Movie Date
New Features and Classic Films
Harkins Camelview Theatre at Fashion Square
THU APR 20 | FRI APR 21 | SAT APR 22 | SUN APR 23:
Here are my pics this week:
Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret is here! Based on the 1970 girls coming-of-age book written by Judy Blume. It was groundbreaking — funny, poignant, real and revealing about the awkwardness of becoming a young woman. I’m going with my high school girlfriends! PG13, Dramedy, 1 HR, 51 MINS
Ratings: 90% of Google Users liked. R | 1 HR, 41 MINS
Chevalier is the biopic of Joseph Bologne, Chevalier de Saint-Georges, a French Creole virtuoso violinist, composer and fencer who lived in the mid-1700s. It looks like a fantastic period piece, set in France around the French Revolution. Starring Kelvin Harrison, Jr., Samara Weaving, Minnie Driver and Lucy Boynton as Marie Antoinette. PG13 | 1HR 47 MIN
Ratings: 5.6/10 IMDb | 95% Rotten Tomatoes | 66% Metacritic
Moonlight Cinema® is on the rooftop of Fashion Square for 2 more weekends before the heat sets in. See classic movies under the stars with reclining beach chairs, wireless hi-fi headsets, and treats!
Featured Moonlight Cinema® Classics This Week
FRI APR 21, 7:30 PM – Early Show
Frozen, the 2013 animated Disney classic starring Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, et al. PG | Action, Adventure, Comedy | 1 HR 42 MINS
Ratings: 7.4 /10 IMDb | 90% Rotten Tomatoes | Metacritic 75% | Google Users 81% liked
FRI APR 21, 10:00 PM – Late Show
JAWS, the 1975 Steven Spielberg classic starring Richard Dreyfus, Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw and Lorraine Gary. PG | Adventure, Thriller, Drama 2 HRS
Ratings: 8.1/10 IMDb | 97% Rotten Tomatoes | 87% Metacritic | Google Users 84%
Here are other films playing this week and everything you need to know about Harkins! See you at the movies!
Ongoing Scottsdale Outdoor Activities
More Fun things to do in Scottsdale Outdoors
Spring is the ideal time to enjoy the desert sunshine in our beautiful desert! But, get out early this time of year. Hiking in Scottsdale is huge. If you don’t hike, there are so many parks and flat trails in the city. Including Accessible ones. See my post and table links below — you won’t believe how much there is to see and do while the weather’s perfect!
Free fun things to do in Scottsdale, include hitting the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt! Or take a FREE! ride around town on the Scottsdale Trolley weekdays. Take the dogs out to rough-house at the dog parks and make new friends! Did you know Scottsdale is the number 1 pet-friendly city?
Top Golf Scottsdale’s Bargain Special:
MON – FRI 10 AM – Noon | $15 per person | Hit unlimited balls!
How about golf, hiking, strolling or cycling to maximize your outdoor fun for FREE? Disc golf is Free! Here you go — everything you need to know and tables of amenities for fast choices to suit everyone’s wants and needs to seize our sunshine and shade!
Here are posts and tables to ease your search for fun and FREE or low-cost things to do in Scottsdale:
- Hiking, Walking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing and Horseback Riding
- Golf: Table from N. to S. with all the good stuff!
- The Indian Bend Multi-use Trail
- Parks, Playgrounds, Fishing and Dog Parks
- Scottsdale Cycling and Self-Propelled Wheeling
- Tennis and Pickleball
Be Smart and Safe in the Desert
The desert is a land of extremes and it’s getting hot. Be smart. Bring plenty of water and snacks. Wear sunscreen, your hat and the right shoes. Check the weather and bring other appropriate gear.
Be mindful of your furry friends, plus tiny and older ones getting too tired and hot.
If hiking, stay on the trail and watch where you’re stepping, for rattlesnakes, cacti and rocks — no bites, pokes, sprains, falls or helicopter rescues need to spoil your fun. Don’t pester or feed wildlife. Pick up your dog’s poop. Don’t take anything out but your trash.
Give yourself plenty of time to make it on and off the trail safely and see a stunning sunrise or sunset!
Scottsdale Outdoor Tours
Are you a visitor or homie seeking a little or a lot of adventure? Fun things to do in Scottsdale await your bucket list! Get guidance from local experts who will show you a good time, out in the spectacular Sonoran Desert or in Old Town. Late spring is still perfect for exploring our many outdoor fun spots and meeting new friends:
- Arizona Desert Mountain Jeep Tours — ‘Scottsdale’s “Original” AZ Desert Mountain Jeep Tours’
- Sonoran Desert Jeep Tour at Sunset
- Kactus Jock Rydables Tours — if you’re goofy, this is your ride!
- Old Town Scottsdale Tours
- Scottsdale Walking Tours Oct – April — FREE!
- Desert Wolf Tours — ATV tours
- ATV Desert Tours Scottsdale
- Time to Ride Self-guided ATV/UTV tours, Cave Creek
Art, Music, Theater and Comedy
Art Walks and Festivals
Scottsdale ArtWalk FREE!
THU APR 6, 6:30 – 9 PM | FREE! Scottsdale ArtWalk in Old Town.
Live Music Daily | Weekly — Downtown | Old Town
- Belle’s Nashville Kitchen — Live music daily
- Rusty Spur Saloon — Since 1951. Live music every day
- Dierks Bentley Whiskey Row — Live music weekly
Parking Map and Tips in Old Town
Arrive early for good parking! Here are other fun, safe ways to avoid Old Town traffic snarls, tickets and DUIs: Riding Around Old Town Scottsdale.
Old Town Parking Map
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- FRI APR 21, 8 PM: Vieux Farka Touré Global Music | Tickets
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- FRI, APR 21, 7 – 9:30: JAZZBIRD NIGHTS: BOB SHIMIZU QUARTET | Tickets not required — $10
- SAT APR 22, 7:30: DIEGO FIGUEIREDO & STANLEY JORDAN | Tickets
- SUN APR 23, 6 PM: JAZZ FOR THE SOUL: STEVE ADELSON STICK-TET — FREE!
Talking Stick Events
- FRI APR 21, 8 PM: Scotty McCreary | Tickets | MAP
- FRI / SAT, 6 – 6:45 PM — FREE! — Yellow Bird Productions – Native American music, dance, stories and dialog in the Fire Garden. April 29th is their last performance of the season. | MAP
Scottsdale Drag Shows
FRI APR 21 | SAT APR 22, 7 PM | Illusions the Drag Queen Show | Old Town | MAP
FRI APR 21, 7 PM: Diva Royale Drag Queen Show | Wasted Grain Old Town | MAP
SAT APR 22, 1:30 PM | Diva Royale Drag Queen Show | Wasted Grain Old Town | Tickets | MAP
Upcoming Scottsdale Events April 2023:
Plan ahead so no more FOMO. Book your Special Scottsdale Resort. Get your tickets. Don’t miss any of these peak Scottsdale experiences:
Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts
- FRI APR 28, 8 PM: | An Evening with Marty Stuart and his Fabulous Superlatives | Tickets
- SAT APR 29 / SUN APR 30, 1 PM – 10 PM: Scottsdale Jazz Festival | Tickets | Civic Center MAP
- SUN APR 30, 3 PM: Phoenix Youth Symphony | Tickets
Ravenscroft Jazz in N. Scottsdale
- FRI, APR 28, 7 – 9:30: JAZZBIRD NIGHTS: BOSSANOVA 77 | Tickets not required — $10
- SAT APR 29, 7:30 PM: Takin’ it to the Streets – Doobie Brothers Tribute Band | Tickets | Highlands Church Map
Kierland After Dark
FRI APR 28, 6:30 PM: Scottsdale Jazz Festival Premiere Party | Tickets | MAP
McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park Summer Concert Series 2023
SUN NIGHTS, April 30 – June 25, 7-8:30 PM | Summer Concert Series — FREE!
Talking Stick Events
- FRI MAY 26, 8 PM: Justin Moore | Tickets | MAP
- FRI JULY 14, 8 PM: Happy Together Tour | Tickets | MAP
- FRI APR 28 / SAT APR 29, 7:30 PM: Damage Inc Metallica Tribute Band | FRI Tickets | SAT Tickets
- SAT MAY 6, 7:30: Selena Super Show | Tickets
- FRI MAY 19 / SAT MAY 20, 7:30: Faux Fighters | FRI Tickets | SAT Tickets
- FRI MAY 26 / SAT MAY 27: Bella Donna Stevie Nicks Tribute | FRI Tickets | SAT Tickets
Scottsdale Farmers Markets
SAT APR 22:
Old Town Farmers Market — 8 AM – 1 PM. Lots of great food, entertainment, artisanal fare, and people and dog watching! MAP
Farmers Market North Scottsdale — Variable times and locations, so check the link to see where they are this week.
Churches and Temples in Scottsdale
There are many choices for worship, faith traditions, and community at Scottsdale Churches and Temples. And, if you seek fellowship or are struggling, Scottsdale has a strong 12-Step recovery community. Many recovery meetings are held in churches, temples and North Scottsdale Fellowship Club.
Daylight’s burning — let’s go kick up our heels and not miss a minute of fun Scottsdale events and fun things to do, April 20-23, 2023! Play safe.
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!