This data associates with my Downtown | Old Town Community article:
- Home construction in this area began in the 1950’s, now consisting of ~ 25,000 residences.
- Comprised of single and multi-family homes with an average age of 60 years, and average size of 1,728 square feet, ~ 33% have pools.
- Construction of multi-family homes such as condominiums, townhomes, duplexes and apartments overtook single family home construction in the 1970’s.
- In 2019, 71% of homes were owner-occupied and 28% were owned by out-of-state individuals.
- 16,153 multi-family units and 9,036 single family residences were built from 50s – 2010s.
- Source: Maricopa Association of Governments
Scottsdale Lifestyle Blogger
I’m a 5th generation native Arizona gal who loves showing and telling what makes Scottsdale an amazing place to visit and make home! I hope you enjoy our city through my lens, making your own discoveries and memories here!